VETS AND VISA

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
1. Can anyone recommend a vet in Calais for our return trip at the end of April 07?

2. I've heard stories about some French filling stations not taking Visa. Anyone got any tips on buying fuel in France?

Your help will be appreciated.

Bill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bill, try the search section for vets. There's been lots of posts on this. As for Visa, I've never had any problem buying anything with my card, except the heavy charge which you don't find out about till you get your next bank statement!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Fuel stations take cards over the counter but most French pay pumps still do not take our chip and pin cards. ATM's take them with no problem and unmanned motorway tolls can just debit the card when you enter it with no pin action from you.

French garages often opem shop style hours and are closed on Sundays. Open 24/7 refers to the pay at pump by card so you are stuffed when the don't take British cards.

Fuel is cheaper at Hyermarkets who take all cards during opening hours. Many have narrow chicane like exits with huge concrete barriers so do not get trapped with the caravan behind you or you can rip it apart.

I use Visa all over France and have never had a problem.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
regarding the vet, weve used Dr Valerie Delval (lady) for some years, always knows what shes doing, never any paper work probs.

e mail @ valerie.delval@free.fr

Regards

madeleine

Sep 25, 2006
Visit site
for vets campsites etc go here http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/ciweb2g-pagesjaunes/RecherchePagesJaunes.do click on the flag top right corner, i have found vets in chartres for my return trip from spain, ideal as it is great timing for the 24-48 hour window for the pet passport i also found the municipal campsites i will be staying at. regards Lou

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts