vets in france

We are travelling to caen with our dog and caravan for the first time and would like to know of any good vets near to the port? Also, can anyone recommend good places to visit in Normandy and Brittany?

Cheers

Margaret

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Last year we used Dr Borel, 149 Route de Lion. Ouistreham. He is one of the vets on the Brittany Ferries website. He charged 42 Euros for a cold and efficient service, which included administering a worming tablet that 'upset' our dog. (He would not use the Milbemax we had taken from UK, which is for all the usual paracites plus the lethal heart worm) However, the important thing is to ensure the passport is stamped in all the correct places and that the vet signs over the stamp. Dr Borel is well used to this procedure and is unlikely to omit anything vital. This year we will be using any vet we find along the road at the appropriate time, prior to our return.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Docteur Christiane Petry - Veterinaire. 1148 Bd du General De Gaulle. 62100 Calais. Tel: 0033 321 34 77 39.

Weve used this vet a few times, around 30/40 euro I think. Easy to find and shes really good with the dog.

Will be using her again this year.

Kevin

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Lots of Brits stay at Chateau du Gandspette for their last night and use the vet in Eperlecques - Mr Jean Paulus 21 Rue Bleue Maison, 62910

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's worth remembering that the 24 hours before the journey means that with most ferry companies it must be 24 hours before you check in, not when the freey sails. This year at Dunkerque we waited 20 minutes behind a motor home until it was 1000 which was then exactly 24 hours after the pet passport was stamped. A bit bureacratic I know as there was not a ferry even ready to embark. It did not make the mh owner too popular with the rest of the travellers.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
John, for the last four years I have just turned up at a vets at about 09.30 on a friday morning and have never had to wait more than 30 minutes before my dog has been treated. There is always another vet not too far away if the first one can't fit your dog in.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We always use the vet in ARDRES,they have an open surgery every afternoon specifically for PET PASSPORT requirements.The young lady we see is very" au fait"with the system and picked up a problem on our paperwork.She rang our vet in UK and altered the passport so that it conformed and saved us a major issue.If all goes according to plan we shall be using this service again prior to returning via the tunnel in October.The tunnel has a very user friendly check point just as you enter the site it is on the left clearly signed.We park the outfit and take THE BEARS in,hand over passports,chip scanned,label for windscreen to verify check and away.

Our time schedule is;- Vet Wed afternoon....Tunnel Fri late morning.

Hope all goes as well for you too.

Thursdays Child

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
We always use the vet in ARDRES,they have an open surgery every afternoon specifically for PET PASSPORT requirements.The young lady we see is very" au fait"with the system and picked up a problem on our paperwork.She rang our vet in UK and altered the passport so that it conformed and saved us a major issue.If all goes according to plan we shall be using this service again prior to returning via the tunnel in October.The tunnel has a very user friendly check point just as you enter the site it is on the left clearly signed.We park the outfit and take THE BEARS in,hand over passports,chip scanned,label for windscreen to verify check and away.

Our time schedule is;- Vet Wed afternoon....Tunnel Fri late morning.

Hope all goes as well for you too.

Thursdays Child
I think you'll find it's on the right.

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Sorry - that last one got chopped off somewhat. Should have said 'Go onto Google, then Maps, and then type in "Vets near ????" and it will give you a selection.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Chrissbee,you are absotively right!!I am no navigator as you can tell.Now you know why HIMSELF bought his sat nav "NAVIKATE".

Thursdays Child (or is is Wednesdays?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts