Virgin Meda is this a SCAM ???

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have had 6 E-mails saying your bill is ready for payment ( it came with a account number and reference ) but the thing is at present me and the wife brought a brand new house and cable is not here yet so i went with Sky for the past 5 years .
Today it says there is a shipment sent with a rewards package ( So i wondering if this is a scam )
Has anyone had anything like this ............

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Beachball,
SPAM mate, do not open especially the attatchments, delete them
we have been getting the same ones all week at work and we are in the middle of an industrial estate.
On that note if you are unsure about any email just delete them do not attempt to open them .
Cheers

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Beachball said:
Hi Gagakev How do they get our email addresses is it worth changing it for a new one ..........

Beachball it's called big brother they are watching every thing you do
smiley-frown.gif

Not worth changing emails, for the moment, mark them as junk and they will go in to the junk box , but just have a quick check
before deleting them as some one you know may have gone in there by mistake.
If its any consolation on Monday at work i had nearly 50 junk emails sent to me over the weekend,
and the best bit was I sent 31 of them to myself!!!!!!!!!!!! how they do that I dont know.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We are on Virgin Media and they do not send bills as an attachment. To get the bill you have to have set up access with them and sign in to their site to recover the bill. If it is an attachment it is a scam and if you have not set up access to your bills this way they will not be telling you there is a bill to view. The email comes from webteam@virginmedia.com if it comes from anywhere else it is not genuine.
The parcels one is another scam in many cases. If the number looks odd it is probably a premium number
which just runs up a huge bill on a recorded message and there is no parcel.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just come accross another scam I had not seen before. In this case it stated my Amazon order had been despatched. It was confusing as we had an order outstanding.
The give aways were the address from where it came was not Amazon and the details were supposed to be in an attachment where Amazon do not use attachments but print the information needed on the e mail itself.

TRENDING THREADS