Visiting York

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We 2 + 2 are planning to visit York at easter does anyone know of any sites with indoor swimming pool within the location (not "hi di hi haven" or should that be hell !)

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith....I don't know of any sites near to York with an indoor swimming pool, if your lucky you might get in the CC site there, you can use things in York itself then. Saying that its probably booked up. Worth a try though.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cawood Holiday Park near Selby has an indoor pool (or large bath). Caters mainly for seasonals, but has changed hands in the last year. Also has fishing and a clubhouse/shop. Not too far into York from there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keith, don't know any with pools but there is a very good one called rawcliffe manor where we have stopped many times. Very close to lots of amenities, cim=nema, bowling restaurants etc.

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
we have booked the c&cc site at sherrif hutton just outside york near a park and ride. well recomended i trust the clubs sites and think it will be fine. york has enough to do to keep everyone busy and happy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ther is a good site outside ripley castle called ripley castle holiday park about 40 mins drive fronm york we went there last year they have an indoor pool. better still is high moor farm park in harrogate about 20mins from york they have indoor pool, restaurant and small bar. goibg for easter ourselves. their phone number is 014230563637

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're 2+2 (10 & 4) and we often go to Goosewood (Sutton-on-the-forest).Its about 10 mins drive from Clifton Moor on the York ring road. No pool on site but there is a "Splash world" type place not too far. Also cinema, 10 pin bowling and supermarket, etc. at Clifton Moor. Additionally the site is quite close to the Rawcliffe Bar park and ride centre, which is excellent for access to York itself. The site is very private and has excellent amenities. There is a large adventure type play area for children and a large fishing lake. The site is ran by 'Best of British', so of a good standard.

P.S. The pictures you find of the site do not, in my opinion, do it justice. Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check out Akebar Caravan Site between Bedale and Leyburn I beleive it has a Indoor pool the travel to York is about 30-40 mins

Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts