Volvo v70 petrol or diesel auto

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Simon,

Never towed with auto but i have a V70 D5 AWD 6 Speed Gearbox & its brill. I tow a twin axle Bailey Senator & no problem in 5th & 6th gear on motorways.

I changed this year from the V70 2.4 petrol which never let me down but MPG when towing was about 19 compared to about 29 with the D5. Go for the diesel its well worth it .

Regards

Dave

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon,

We tow a Lunar Lexon EB with an auto V70 D5. It is great for towing, the auto box is fantastic, especially when using cruise control and the torque is more than adequate, in fact too much on a wet sloping grassy pitch. All inclines are handled with ease and overtaking is a breeze, and it usually stays in top gear on motorways and main roads. Downside is the poor turning circle if you have the 17" wheels. We are seriously considering replacing it with another, but it will be the AWD version. And don't forget, superb comfort when solo or towing.

Regards,

Tillman

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Simon,

We tow a Lunar Lexon EB with an auto V70 D5. It is great for towing, the auto box is fantastic, especially when using cruise control and the torque is more than adequate, in fact too much on a wet sloping grassy pitch. All inclines are handled with ease and overtaking is a breeze, and it usually stays in top gear on motorways and main roads. Downside is the poor turning circle if you have the 17" wheels. We are seriously considering replacing it with another, but it will be the AWD version. And don't forget, superb comfort when solo or towing.

Regards,

Tillman
Hello Tillman,

Just read your comments about changing to the AWD.

Just thought i would say you wont regret it like my comments above its fantastic, just as good as any 4x4 vehicle. Ok you haven't got the ground clearance like a 4x4 unless you have the XC70 but most of these are geartronic boxes. I have towed my caravan through a muddy field at Easter easy just like any 4x4. When you change look for the manual 6 speed gearbox as fuel consumption is much better than the geartronic. It took me ages to find mine kept looking on volvo web site every day.

Best of luck

Regards

David

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hello Tillman,

Just read your comments about changing to the AWD.

Just thought i would say you wont regret it like my comments above its fantastic, just as good as any 4x4 vehicle. Ok you haven't got the ground clearance like a 4x4 unless you have the XC70 but most of these are geartronic boxes. I have towed my caravan through a muddy field at Easter easy just like any 4x4. When you change look for the manual 6 speed gearbox as fuel consumption is much better than the geartronic. It took me ages to find mine kept looking on volvo web site every day.

Best of luck

Regards

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts