Volvo XC70/Adria Adora - Trailer Indicator Fault Dashboard Indication

May 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Just home from our first trip away, and our outfit has developed an odd fault. We tow our 2021 Adria Adora with a 2014 Volvo XC70. The car has a dealer fit towbar and towing wiring module. Initially everything worked fine, but I we have started getting a Trailer Right Indicator Fault dashboard warning, and the indicator flashes at double speed. When checked, I expected to see a faulty bulb, as that was what I would have thought with those symptoms. The LED indicators on the van are working, as are all the car indicators, simply at double speed.

I’m no electrical genius, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what the issue might be? The outfit has done about 500 miles with everything working fine, and all other lights work correctly.

Thanks for reading

Iain

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

Just home from our first trip away, and our outfit has developed an odd fault. We tow our 2021 Adria Adora with a 2014 Volvo XC70. The car has a dealer fit towbar and towing wiring module. Initially everything worked fine, but I we have started getting a Trailer Right Indicator Fault dashboard warning, and the indicator flashes at double speed. When checked, I expected to see a faulty bulb, as that was what I would have thought with those symptoms. The LED indicators on the van are working, as are all the car indicators, simply at double speed.

I’m no electrical genius, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what the issue might be? The outfit has done about 500 miles with everything working fine, and all other lights work correctly.

Thanks for reading

Iain

Sounds very odd. presumably the indicators work normally when the caravan is disconnected. For some, the led lights on the van don‘t provide enough resistance and might throw the electrics, but as yours have worked OK til now it‘s hard to think that that is the issue. Could you plug it into another van or trailer with tungsten lights and see how that works.

My V70 2013 would, I would have thought, be the same as yours as it also has a Volvo fitted tow bar and electrics. So far as I know, mine does not have any fault reporting. How is this reported on the dashboard? Perhaps Volvo made big changes between 13 and 14.

John

Reactions: JaneandIain
May 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. It’s a 2015 MY XC70, and the warning comes up in the area at the bottom of the speedo , displaying the text “Trailer Indicator Malfuntion”. One of our neighbours has a horse box, so I’ll see if I can hook that up and check.

I’m also wondering if the van indicators have many bulbs rather than just one, and it may be that one of them has blown.

Iain

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts