VW Tiguan R Line

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Up to now my family a I have been motorhome's ,but because we needed a larger motorhome or at least more seat belts, which men't spending lots more money, we thought we would change to a caravan, only to find that our 18month VW Tiguan R line is not designed to take a tow bar , had ask my local dealer also went straight to VW UK but turns out that the only way is to have a hole cut in panel under the bumper which VW say may affect my warranty

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
welcome Daveroof most new cars need a cut out on the rear bumper to fit a towbar as for the warranty I had it done on my new kuga but did speak to fords first they said it will only effect the bumper ( cracks ect) which my happen have a look at PJ Jone and speak to their team they are very good and cheap :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The fitting of a Tiguan is a really easy job, i helped fit a Westfalia to one of my friends cars.

The bumper has to taken off and the bumper needs a cut out , obviously this may vary depending on what type of towbar is fitted. The Westfalia was a detachable one so the cut out was a letter box cut into the bumper, it is so soft we cut it with a stanley knife.
How they can say it will affect the warranty??? The only thing could be splits or paint cracks? but it is so flexible.
I would say make sure you fit the dedicated wiring loom, so much easier and better, worth the extra money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts