Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, been a while since I've been on but was just wondering if anyone knows of any nice sites or caravan parks or CL sites in Wales for around the October time that they could recommend , never been before but have always fancied it
Thanks
Craig .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk/campsite
Craig
I stayed at the above site six years ago. Brilliant location. Excellent pub / hotel serving excellent food and their own microbrewery. The site is fine for a break and falls somewhere between a CL and Camc site. Loads to see and do.
Are you coming to this year's Woosiefest :)

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Lots of choice especially in North wales. A lot depends on what you are looking for in a site, views, walks, dog friendly etc. All the larger sites will be busy during school holidays but are normally fairly quiet outside of those times so booking shouldn't be a problem. Post a list of your requirements as I am sure that lots of people will be able to make suitable suggestions for you to consider. I live outside caernarfon and know how attractive this area is and am sure you will enjoy it.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Just remember that there are almost as many speed cameras in N Wales than there are people - and they don't accept either excuses or a margin. 30mph OK, 31mph and you get done!

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Woodentop said:
Just remember that there are almost as many speed cameras in N Wales than there are people - and they don't accept either excuses or a margin. 30mph OK, 31mph and you get done!
Don't know of any between Bangor, Caernarfon, Porthmadog. Guess they must be further east. There is a mobile camera van and the police do have a couple of unmarked cars.

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Woodentop said:

Absolute nonsense I wouldn't have a clean licence if that was true my work regularly takes me between the three general hospitals in North Wales so thats travelling from Pwllheli in the west to Wrexham in the East, Tolerances on speeding are the same as the rest of the country 10% plus 2 mph unless conditions or circumstances dictate otherwise.

i say clean I have just done a speed awareness course after being caught in England!!!

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I've not stayed on the site ( but it's my home town therefore I am biased ) in the centre of Cardiff if you wanted coast and culture. It's is in walking distance of the city centre and close to the castle grounds (in fact it was the castle grounds at one time). I did hear of a really nice site further along the coast near Porthcawl too.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Bron Derwen Caravan Park
Llanwrst
Conwy
This site has 3 distinct areas - if a CC member you may be able to get on the CL area with it's own toilet block and cheaper, the other areas are adult only and mixed. Handy for Llawrst itself and an easy drive up to the coast (Conwy Bay/Llandudno etc). Welcoming owner, pristine from the entrance drive to the facilities! 5 miles N of the A5 off the A470 (turn R just before Betws-y-Coed, on the N side of Llanwrst. The other site in the town is Bodnant. Both advertise regularly in the caravan press.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
For stunning scenery and equally stunning works of engineering, there is a CL situated next to the Elan Valley Reseviors visitor centre.
I have visited this CL twice in the last three years and have enjoyed walking around all four reseviors. The local town can be a challenge to pass through with a large outfit (as I found out the first time when leaving), but not too bad when not passing during peak times.
Best regards,
Martin

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
We have just been to Three Cliffs Caravan site near Swansea and can highly recommend it.
The sea view pitches are more expensive but the view of the cove and beach is stunning.
Newly refurbed shower blocks (lots of them so never a problem to a shower when you want one) are super, it is kept immaculate and there is a nice shop on site which sells all the essentials and great local produce (cakes are amazing) !
Its about a half mile walk down (bit steep in places) to the lovely sandy beach which is dog friendly all year round.
Staff there all very friendly and welcoming and they are more than happy to recommend places to visit or eat or advise on local walks.
Just a couple of miles along the road there is also Oxwich beach which has a car park (£4 charge) right next to the beach ideal for families with small kids who want to take a picnic and spend the day.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Lynnybobs said:
We have just been to Three Cliffs Caravan site near Swansea and can highly recommend it.
The sea view pitches are more expensive but the view of the cove and beach is stunning.
Newly refurbed shower blocks (lots of them so never a problem to a shower when you want one) are super, it is kept immaculate and there is a nice shop on site which sells all the essentials and great local produce (cakes are amazing) !
Its about a half mile walk down (bit steep in places) to the lovely sandy beach which is dog friendly all year round.
Staff there all very friendly and welcoming and they are more than happy to recommend places to visit or eat or advise on local walks.
Just a couple of miles along the road there is also Oxwich beach which has a car park (£4 charge) right next to the beach ideal for families with small kids who want to take a picnic and spend the day.
I remember walking down to the beach at Three Cliffs on August Bank Holiday Sunday about 40 years ago and it was completely deserted. All the other beaches were crammed, but no-one wanted to walk down and back up at Three Cliffs. That's my kind of beach. Not been back since, but Lynnybobs has stirred my memories, so perhaps I'll have to go and try again. I expect the climb has got steeper since then though!

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Emmerson,
Can beat you by about 10 years! I was born on the Gower, and most of my courting days were spent around Three Cliffs/Pwll Du/Oxwitch/etc ! We stayed at the Three Cliffs camping site 2 years ago, and I was impressed to find how little the area had changed in over 30 years since I last visited.

As for the campsite, as Lynnybobs says the individual shower/toilet/washbasin enclosures are superb. (Have they now also replaced the somewhat dated 'old' block?).
(You can always approach the bay from the valley. Shepherds shop is still there, though (inevitably?) a poor image of its former self).

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to go to Wales.....................Sir WC lives there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calm down only kidding :(

We stayed here back in 2015, fairly large site with bar entertainment, shop etc, was clean and tidy and food was good, but as usual with me it rained most of the week :( :(

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Emmerson and VicMallows - nice to know I have brought back some fond memories of the place for you.
The beach at Three Cliffs was very quiet - Monday morning before we left it was just us and our dog walking the sands there - great for our over friendly large Labrador so he could run around to his heart content and we could all paddle and splash around in the sea before the journey home.
The walk back up from the lifeguard station is the easier route - still a good climb but a steady ascent on a decent path rather than scrambling over the rocks on the shorter steeper route.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts