Want to work on PCV?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're looking for a staff writer with an aptitude for the technical side of caravanning to join our team here in Teddington, Middlesex. If you are interested, please refer to the advertisement in Monday's Guardian newspaper or contact lynsey.row@haynet.com and ask for the ad to be sent direct to you. Closing date 11 March.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Alex,I know I've missed the closing date for this position but feel my technical knowledge could be of use.My knowledge of plate drainers may not be good but I have years of experience with cloths pegs,tin openers,hair brushes and nail clippers and feel your readers could benefit from a series of in depth articles.I look forward to your reply. Brian.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Alex,I know I've missed the closing date for this position but feel my technical knowledge could be of use.My knowledge of plate drainers may not be good but I have years of experience with cloths pegs,tin openers,hair brushes and nail clippers and feel your readers could benefit from a series of in depth articles.I look forward to your reply. Brian.
PS, I once sold some old rope for a lot of money!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On a serious note I wish I'd spotted this ad sooner, although I probably live too far away anyway. However I've noticed that the closing date was actually 3 days before the entry was put on the forum, so I wouldn't have stood much chance anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
absolutley brilliant reply! when I saw the article about plate drainers I just about lost the will to live! A friend picked up the mag to flick through it and said was it genuine! she thinks we bad anough anoraks as it is!

Caroline

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Excellent reply. Pity the application date had already passed or maybe they meant 11 March 2006 as an indepth review on a clothes peg can take some time!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I do not think any of you folk would make the standard required for this position. Pre-requisites for the job include:

Must be well over forty years of age and living at home with parents

Must supply own ham sandwichs and thermos flask (preferably in a supermarket carrier bag)

A lack of personal hygiene prefered

Company clothing supplied-Anorak-sandals with socks-bobble hat-national health glasses(with optional sticking plaster)

Must be prepared to shave on a once weekly basis

Would suit train spotter who finds his/her current hobby to demanding

An interest in plastic coat hangers essential for first product reveiw

p.s

Dont mention 4x4s I mentioned them on a previous forum but i think i got away with it

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I do not think any of you folk would make the standard required for this position. Pre-requisites for the job include:

Must supply own ham sandwichs and thermos flask (preferably in a supermarket carrier bag)

Company clothing supplied-Anorak-sandals with socks-bobble hat-national health glasses(with optional sticking plaster)

p.s

Dont mention 4x4s I mentioned them on a previous forum but i think i got away with it
called mrs stevenson.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

p.s

At least we caravanners have a sense of humour. These postings about drainers are some of the best I have seen. Who is Brian? He could offer to do a series of comedy items to include in Practical Caravan - anything would be more interesting than the current issue!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts