Wanted: 390 style awning to fit a low (235cm) awning rail

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
One more question if I may sir, do yours bend quite alot when in position, I think the ones I have are too long with the metal peice on. And it takes quite a bit of force to attatch to the front bar,.

Funny you should ask that
smiley-laughing.gif

The twice I've used this awning the poles did bend but I didn't find it a problem regarding doing the job they are supposed to do however this time they don't bend. The clip is a bit stiff but no doubt after a few times it will become easier.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Cruzer said:
Have taken Lord B's advice and bought myself a Kampa Rally 390 (brand new 2011 model for £200, don't you love ebay?

We bought ours online but the firm don't do the deal now. It was about £220 with the buffer and monsoon poles. Had to buy the storm straps from another online company which were about £12. I cant quote the exact prices because we are away at the moment.
Heard it's going to rain all day tomorrow so decided to take the awning down while it's dry although I'll be re-erecting it on Sunday. I've never taken an awning down so fast, it's so easy. Pleased to report no leaks or condensation
smiley-smile.gif

£200 was an excellent price for the 390 Cruzer especially brand new. I hope Kev hasn't got a dog else he'll be kicking it all around the room on hearing that
smiley-surprised.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Finally got to the bottom of the monsoon pole saga.
Corrosponding by email with the supplier and thanks to LB they have agreed they have supplied the wrong ones, apparently there are two types
1. If you have pockets in the roof they should have the plastic ends
2. If no pockets, metal furals on end, which you then acquire suction pads to go against the van body.
As I have the 2nd ones I am assuming they will also be a fraction longer as there is quite a bit of bend in them when in situ.
Will up date you when they send the new ones.

Cruzer, you certainly have a bargain there, right time right place as the saying goes.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

£200 was an excellent price for the 390 Cruzer especially brand new. I hope Kev hasn't got a dog else he'll be kicking it all around the room on hearing that
smiley-surprised.gif

[/quote]

It's not the dog that got the kicking it was the OH,
smiley-laughing.gif

£279.99 for the 390
Rear poles £24.99
Storm Straps £19.99
3 x Monsoon poles £16.80

Go on have a laugh
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
OK you Kampa Rally owners, I've just noticed something that's stumped me
smiley-undecided.gif

Inside the awning down the roof seams there are plastic rings sewn in. What are they for?

Now come on LB you's not that silly!!
They are for coat hangers to dry your wet clothes after walking the doggies Ha Ha

They are for hanging the inner tents and the like, that you can also get for the supa dupa Kampa's.
Separate rooms ME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
They are for hanging the inner tents and the like, that you can also get for the supa dupa Kampa's.
Separate rooms ME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Oh well, can't tell Her Ladyship I was wrong, it's too late. I've got a washing line strewn across now
smiley-embarassed.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Oh well, can't tell Her Ladyship I was wrong, it's too late. I've got a washing line strewn across now
smiley-embarassed.gif

At least with the 390 you have plenty of room for long johns and bloomers
minimal-face-lol.gif

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Lord Braykewynde said:
Delete your last post before Cruzer sees it
smiley-embarassed.gif

It's ok LB, I can take it
4.gif

Time for bed!!!
I do still need to buy rear poles, monsoon poles and storm straps, so will have to spend a few bob more if that makes you feel any better GGKev

Oh, and it had no instructions with it. Completeley stumped now I am.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I do still need to buy rear poles, monsoon poles and storm straps, so will have to spend a few bob more if that makes you feel any better GGKev

Oh, and it had no instructions with it. Completeley stumped now I am.
[/quote]

Thats what you get for buying a cheaper one, NO INSTRUCTIONS------- Ha Ha
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

But if it makes you feel better I had the instuctions with mine, but I still had to ask LB a question. --------He He
smiley-smile.gif

Make sure the monsoon poles are the correct ones for the awning, if there are pockets stitched in the roof then you need the ones with plastic ends, if no pockets (older versions, I Think) then you will need buffers for side of van.

By the way my Monsoon Poles ,the correct ones arrived today, happy days.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Ive just missed a Kampa Rally 390 (less than a year old)on ebay for £165
smiley-frown.gif

I was too busy emailing him trying to arrange a price for delivery and someone pressed the "buy it now" and it was sold.
Oh well....will have to keep looking
Adrian
P.S.Anyone want to buy a useless Towsure Panama 390 which leaked in 8 different places at the first sight of rain
smiley-surprised.gif
and only used for 6 nights?.
One refund heading my way i think
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
GeorgeandAde said:
P.S.Anyone want to buy a useless Towsure Panama 390 which leaked in 8 different places at the first sight of rain
smiley-surprised.gif
and only used for 6 nights?.
One refund heading my way i think
smiley-wink.gif

No Thanks
smiley-smile.gif

Adrian I dont know how true it is but I actually heard some where that some do leak until they have been weathered in, may be some one knows the proper answer. If it is new and you are happy with it otherwise why not try some sealer on it, I have got a tin of Fabsil
to put on mine when it stop's raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.gif

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
George and Ade.
Dont get too cross over your awning leaking ,this is not unusual in simple terms you awning needs the rain to activate what ever has been sewn into the the stitching.
Give it another go before you give up.
Sir Roger.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Gagakev and Sir roger.
I do understand what you are saying,but to be honest,I also found that the draught strip was coming away from the beading (about 6 inches).
That was even before I used it.
Also,at the top where the awning threads throught the awning rail,its beginning to "fray"(looks very unsightly too).
I should have taken a bit longer to decide which awning I wanted and maybe have gone for the Kamp Rally 390.
Anyway,have contacted Towsure and had an email back to say they are passing it on to the relevant department and will get back to me on Monday.
Adrian/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/medium_010.JPG

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
GeorgeandAde said:
Thank you Gagakev and Sir roger.
I do understand what you are saying,but to be honest,I also found that the draught strip was coming away from the beading (about 6 inches).
That was even before I used it.
Also,at the top where the awning threads throught the awning rail,its beginning to "fray"(looks very unsightly too).
I should have taken a bit longer to decide which awning I wanted and maybe have gone for the Kamp Rally 390.
Anyway,have contacted Towsure and had an email back to say they are passing it on to the relevant department and will get back to me on Monday.
Adrian/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/medium_010.JPG

Adrian what a nightmare, demand a refund, it is obviously not fit for purpose and, only used for 6 nights, man I would be spitting feathers, ---------------Calm down, Calm down.
Hope you get the right answer on Monday Adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts