Warning buzzer

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
A freind of mine has just got a new C5 and had the dealer fit a towbar, but when his caravan is on there is no buzzer fir the indicators, I thought that you had to have this, I may be wrong.

Your comments please

Regs

Phil

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I understood that by law you had to have a Buzzer/Bleeper that repeats and tells you that the caravan indicators are working or and additional flashing light on the dash board!

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Phil, it is law to have either a visual or audible alarm when trailer indicators are working. My own is not the loudest because the buzzer is behind the paneling at the back of the car, but I can here it providing the radio isnt on.

Your freind needs to return to the dealer and get this sorted.

Tony A.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
The law requires that you only need a secondary indicator (audible or visible) as an indication on the dash. Therefore, you may find, when the car is connected to the c'van, you will have a secondary indicator to keeop you informed. We had a towbar fitted to our Volvo and returned to the dealer as we had no 'buzzer'!

The dealer went balistic! Saying a buzzer, a buzzer, on a car of this quality! He stated that his boss would have a heart attack if he heard us! We have had no trouble since.

Hope this is helpful.

DMT

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phil,

I had a peugeot fitted towbar and asked them the same question, they told me I did not need a buzzer as if the indicaters stop working the light on the dashboard will flash quickly as it does when driving solo so you know there is a problem. Dave.

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
dont bother trying that as it is on a seperate circuit it will not work (how many times have we all been behind a trailer thats lights are not working !) as far as i know the only vehicles that have visual warnings are land rovers

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Vauxhalls have a warning light in the dashboard. All the wiring is there as standard but often the bulb and/or a fuse has to be fitted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts