Warning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have just had an email from Caravan Talk, shown below.

Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:57 PM

Subject: From caravantalk.org.uk. Try our new service! ( Caravan Talk )

Lol,

We have made a small tool for our site, I think you will guess what to do

with it....

(Address of program shown here but I have removed it)

This link contains spyware programs and trojans. I have emailed "Caravan Talk" for an explanation but would advise anyone not to click on the link until they know what it is.

Lol

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmmmmm ......

Lol,

We have made a small tool for our site, I think you will guess what to do

with it....

pray do tell Lol, how do you shove an email up their anal orifice?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
This message found on their forum this morning. Please note this is caravantalk.org.uk. and not from the rather good and well moderated forum of the same name that can be found here http://caravansonline.proboards44.com/ also called caravan talk

A message found on their forum this morning

Caravan Talk Discussion Forum

We arrived at work this morning to find that our forum had been compromised and was redirecting people to an alternative site where a Trojan waited for the unsuspecting.

As soon as we knew this we pulled the plug on the forum and are currently putting a fix in place.

This will consist of transferring the database behind our forum to a new server in the States owned by the company that writes the software. This was already planned but pressures of work kept it on the back burner.

The transfer process should take around 48hrs from this evening (8th May 2006) but it has been known to take longer; I would not be suprised to find a delay of up to 10 days.

Sorry about this folks but hopefully the new server and support staff will be more able to ensure a seamless service in future.

In the meantime, please make sure you run a full virus scan on your PC and make sure thet your anti-virus software is up to date.

Many thanks for all those people who let us know about the problem. Sorry to all those who have asked specific questions but we're up to our eyes in getting this sorted out asap. As soon as we do, all your questions will hopefully no longer need answers.

Garrion.

P.S. If those responsible for the Trojan read this. Thanks very much, you've spoiled the enjoyment of strangers who did nothing to you and have caused us a pile of work we don't have the time for.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, if you have a good Anti virus such as Mcfee or Norton (Symantec) it should do the job for you. Mine ended up telling me to go to the Symantec web site because it caused a conflict with Norton. It meant having to reinstall the Anti virus software for me, but it will instruct you on what you need to do, print the instructions out before you do anything! Took me quite some time before it was all back to normal.

Lord B if you can find a way to do the "shoving" thing, let me know, I'll supersize it and do it again.......!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts