Warranty & Service

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Must I take my caravan to that brand approved workshop to have an annual service, or can I go to an NCC approved workshop, without compromising the caravan warranty. The reason for my asking is that with the extended water ingress warranty, I feel that I may get a more conscientious damp report from another NCC workshop than I would get from a dealer approved workshop. If there was dampness requiring remedial action then I would have to contact the dealer approved workshop, but I would have the independent report to back up my claim

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
every manufacturers servicing requirements are different so there isnt an answer i can give you. if you need confirmation either read your literature for the caravan, or if you cant find the info, ring the manufacturer. the last thing you want to do is to save a few pounds now, which could invalidate your warranty and cost you a few hundred or thousand later when there is a problem.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
A bit of good news for a change.

I phoned Bailey of Bristol about keeping the warranty compromising issue. You can have your Bailey serviced and damp checked by any NCC workshop and you should have no problem if you need to make a claim.

The well known dealer in Surrey I purchased from wanted

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Question for Andy of Swift, where do swift stand on this Andy, do you need to use the dealer you bought it from to keep the warranty valid or as Bailey a NCC approved workshop.

I ask the question has Culcheth as closed down l now have around trip of 40 miles to Coppell to have it's first service where as Northern Caravans who are agents for Stirling a Swift product are only 6 mile's away.

NigelH

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi NGH

You can have your Servicing and Warranty work done by any approved Swift Group dealer. This ensures the work is done by Swift Group trained personnel and uses Swift approved parts and processes.

Thanks

Andy

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy - all this sounds great.

"You can have your Servicing and Warranty work done by any approved Swift Group dealer. This ensures the work is done by Swift Group trained personnel and uses Swift approved parts and processes"

I not sure about the "Swift Group Trained personnel" bit though Andy ! I think you will find that many are not - why not check this out and report back your findings !

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy

You said "This ensures the work is done by Swift Group trained personnel" which gives the impression that dealer staff at the Swift Approved Dealers are Swift Trained. I suggest to you that many are not.

I challenge you to investigate all your Swift Approved Dealers and find out how many are atcualy Swift trained - or are you happy that a percentage of dealer service staff are and if so what percentage is that, 5% 10% 50% ?

While you are doing your research can you explain why is can take upto 12 weeks to obtain parts via Super Care and a number of parts are wrongly sent out to the dealer even though the part numbers come from your system Of course the owner does not believe that it's Swift who has got it wrong because your customer care centre tells them that this is impossible !

Not having a go at you Andy - just the image you post.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lippychick,

I stand by what I have said. You clearly have a point to make on this issue and I am not sure where or who you are getting your information from.

With regard to parts, yes some do take a long time and sometimes too long and longer than we would like , which I wont defend. This can be for a number of reasons either we got it wrong, the dealer got it wrong or our supplier got it wrong but we will always try and put it right quickly. The other point I will make is that we deal with thousands of aftermarket parts and most are dealt with promptly and efficiently.

Swift has decided that it will monitor five such forums of which this is one, this means that we do put ourselves forward to be criticised, this is sometimes justified but sometimes not,

Thanks

Andy

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy

Swift are a very respectable company and certainly one of the best. I listen to many a chat around the campsite and that is where my info comes from.

Andy it's great that you monitor and respond on the forums and I thank you for that - of course you will always get the grumbles, but when you produce so many caravan and motorhomes each year that's got to be expected.

Cheers Andy and keep up the good work.

ps I own a Swift product 2 years old - fantastic.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Lippychick wrote:

' "This ensures the work is done by Swift Group trained personnel" which gives the impression that dealer staff at the Swift Approved Dealers are Swift Trained. I suggest to you that many are not.'

Can you substantiate your suggestion that Swift Approved dealers staff are not Swift trained Lippychick?

Do you have any facts?

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
To all, surely if any work carried out(service or warranty work) by a swift trained personel at a dealer which is of a substanded nature the customer would be complaining to the dealer first off and then to Swift.

Andy doe's Swift receive complaints from customers about dealers Technicians, l would assume their must be some as their will always be some that don't do a perfect job.

NigelH

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I have an Ace Award caravan which is currently under manufacturers warranty.I contacted the manufacturer by e mail seeking clarification on this issue. I was advised that I could go to any NCC approved service centre for my annual service and that my warranty would not be affected.They even advised me of local NCC approved service centres. Of course I kept the written response should I have a problem in the future.And of course I got the service done for around 50 quid cheaper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts