Warrbird Workshop Hutch

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
They have several aircraft in the Fleet Air Arm museum that I worked on the BAC 221, The HP 115 and the Shorts SC1.
As for working on the Wessex, ( That was my first aircraft licence ) only Westland could manage to drill a hole that turns 30 degrees so you could not fit a split pin through a bolt and caselated nut.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
They have several aircraft in the Fleet Air Arm museum that I worked on the BAC 221, The HP 115 and the Shorts SC1.
As for working on the Wessex, ( That was my first aircraft licence ) only Westland could manage to drill a hole that turns 30 degrees so you could not fit a split pin through a bolt and caselated nut.
Hutch, I think these are a group from Crewekerne these chaps might of been from your time in fact they had civi on there that had worked on wessex production for 42 years anyway very interesting my interest is my cousin was a royal marine in boreno and he must of flown in those aircraft on a regular on the job he did if you know what I mean,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The company I used to work for Bristow Helicopters, donated several Wessex to different aircraft museums.
There is a group on the Facebook thing, called Westland Wessex Helicopter. Some interesting bits, other bit not so interesting.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
The company I used to work for Bristow Helicopters, donated several Wessex to different aircraft museums.
There is a group on the Facebook thing, called Westland Wessex Helicopter. Some interesting bits, other bit not so interesting.
Did Bristows do all the north sea rig work then I think they sold out,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
At One time they were one of the largest operators in the North Sea. They still operate out of Aberdeen and Unst, they were bought out by Offshore Logistics in the United States, as Bristow had a better international name. They bought out Norsk Helicopters in Norway. I believe Okanagan helicopter want to but Bristows Now.
Bristow, operate The Sikorsky S92 for the Coast guard.
They still have bases in Trinidad and Nigeria.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
At One time they were one of the largest operators in the North Sea. They still operate out of Aberdeen and Unst, they were bought out by Offshore Logistics in the United States, as Bristow had a better international name. They bought out Norsk Helicopters in Norway. I believe Okanagan helicopter want to but Bristows Now.
Bristow, operate The Sikorsky S92 for the Coast guard.
They still have bases in Trinidad and Nigeria.
Don't think I will split hairs with you Hutch on the helicpter industry, having cans in the house no British Legion for the foreseeable fucture,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes we are well stocked on the beer and wine front, and as we cannot get, away in the caravan. Tonight I am going to get the Cadac out to BBQ some chicken and eat outside. Stay low

Reactions: camel
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes we are well stocked on the beer and wine front, and as we cannot get, away in the caravan. Tonight I am going to get the Cadac out to BBQ some chicken and eat outside. Stay low
Good job I don't live nextdoor to you Hutch if your Barbi came wafting my way tonight,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts