Was it you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
travelling down the A1 this morning? Was it you in a Mercedes Vito, with darkened side windows? Was it you that wore a military style top and have close cropped hair? Was it you that works for KCS Racing and has a number plate of J99 AMY? And was it you that thinks it's ok to drive at an indicated 85mph, towing a box trailer?

Name and shame? Makes you want to go out and buy a gun....

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm not convinced about this "naming and shaming" business. Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from, and there are some clowns out there, but if this chap didn't put you in any danger why get excited about it? And it wasn't me, by the way!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You know, your correct Craig, I must be behind the times. I didn't realise that things had changed so much and that it had become "de-rigour" to flout the law so extensively. Next time I see anything being done illegally, as long as it doesn't hurt me I'll let it go, in fact if anything at all happens and it doesn't effect me, why should I mind?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I believe this is a Kart Racing outfit. Probably a kids (daughter called Amy ) setup, maybe Dad driving Van !

Yorkshire based I think.

Crazy I know,

but I wonderabout how you know he was doing 85mph ;-)

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I did not say it was acceptable to break the law, no matter whether times have changed or not. What I'm calling into question is whether it's really the place of you or I to chastise these persons, I don't really hold myself in such high regard.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Have to say I had a Transit towing a "compressor" pass me doing about 80 I guess before I left. The trailed vehicle spent more time in the air it seemed :-(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Point taken Craig, but where do you bring these things up?
Remember the old saying 'let he who is without sin etc'.

Life can be very frustrating at times but there is no point in getting worked up about every instance of minor law breaking.

In safety terms the guy might have been safer at the speed he was going than many caravan combinations towed at 60.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm not aware of anywhere matters like this can raised. I guess we mostly abide by the law and expect others to do the same. We pay our dues and expect that those who break the law will be punished but it seems to be the case that as long as you can spot speed cameras you can largely do what you like.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Remember the old saying 'let he who is without sin etc'.

Life can be very frustrating at times but there is no point in getting worked up about every instance of minor law breaking.

In safety terms the guy might have been safer at the speed he was going than many caravan combinations towed at 60.
I don't think it was a minor offence Ray, if the guy had passed me doing 65, I would have though, "idiot", at 75 I would have thought "you brainless idiot", at 85 I ran out of applicable thoughts. Sure the outfit might feel safe, but what happens when you need to make an emergency manoeuvre, will the outfit still be safe? Where do you draw the line, don't get me wrong, there are outfits out there that are unsafe at 60, usually because of ignorance, this can be cured through education. The only thing that's going to educate the Vito driver is an accident, which will probably involve some innocent bystander/s. Also true about casting the first stone, I have been known to speed myself, so can appreciate what you are saying; however I still find that sort of speed while towing unacceptable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts