Washing dishes!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Everybody to their own. If we are on a site with full facilities then we would would use them, we are paying for them so why not.However we are just as comfortable using our own if there are no facilities available. As others have stated the chat at the washing up area is great and if you want to slag off a site you can go ahead without the fear of a moderator removing the post.

William
William these people wouldn't dream of going to a no facility site, that's out of the question.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Plotter - I've got no probs with hygiene and site sinks. If there is a plentiful supply of hot water and they are cleaned - even in a rudimentary fashion - between each person, then they are very low risk. Apparently finger nails can carry more bacteria than a toilet seat. And, in strictness, dishcloths should be changed every day.

Lord B - are your acquaintances just keeping up with the Jones? We're proud to be simple (read into that what you wish) - we have no bog, no oven, no heater (space or water), no shower, no TV, in fact not much. Our little caravan is not much more than a bed for the night, which is exactly what we want. When the kids have gone and we're wrinkly then we'll probably have some luxuries. And we'll use them. But not number 2s in the caravan bog ... that's just not nice!
The main reason is as I said, the re-sale value, but yes, keeping up with the Jones's probably has a lot to do with it Mike.

We have all the facilities in our caravan and after paying

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Plotter - I've got no probs with hygiene and site sinks. If there is a plentiful supply of hot water and they are cleaned - even in a rudimentary fashion - between each person, then they are very low risk. Apparently finger nails can carry more bacteria than a toilet seat. And, in strictness, dishcloths should be changed every day.

Lord B - are your acquaintances just keeping up with the Jones? We're proud to be simple (read into that what you wish) - we have no bog, no oven, no heater (space or water), no shower, no TV, in fact not much. Our little caravan is not much more than a bed for the night, which is exactly what we want. When the kids have gone and we're wrinkly then we'll probably have some luxuries. And we'll use them. But not number 2s in the caravan bog ... that's just not nice!
BTW Mike, I don't know if your finger nails/ toilet seat comment is correct but given the choice I'd rather kiss someones fingers than their a$$ .... hehheh!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know why but we have a role reversal whilst using the caravan. I do all the 'woman' things, don't know how that happened!

I have never used the washing up area. Like LB, we use the caravan and all its facilities. It's just toooo much hassle to walk over to the washing up area.

This is me.

Lisa
5.gif

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We have never used the washing facilities on sites, always use the kitchen sink in the van to wash up - may give it a try though when we go away next week.

As for the shower, as we have just changed the van I have bought one of the new high pressure whale submersible pumps, well worth the money as the shower is as good as ours at home, have used site showers but prefer the one in the van.

Toilet, used for both, got to give Stuart some thing to do!

Lolly x

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
I don't know why but we have a role reversal whilst using the caravan. I do all the 'woman' things, don't know how that happened!

I have never used the washing up area. Like LB, we use the caravan and all its facilities. It's just toooo much hassle to walk over to the washing up area.

This is me.

Lisa
5.gif
Stand still Lisa you're making me dizzy :eek:)

Maureen

May 3, 2018
Visit site
Light-duty washing-up can be done in the caravan. If there is no serious food particle and greasy problem, you can simply wash the dishes with a However, the communal washing area is a better place for heavy-duty dishwashing.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
papafulton said:
Everybody to their own. If we are on a site with full facilities then we would would use them, we are paying for them so why not.However we are just as comfortable using our own if there are no facilities available. As others have stated the chat at the washing up area is great ....

As above , ( how old is this topic it must be over 5 years old ) !!
We use half sponge half scourer, it's just as easy and you can get 1o of them for about 5o pence !

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Can’t think that we have ever used communal washing up facilities except when camping in the tent, or just for the Cadac bits.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
As above , ( how old is this topic it must be over 5 years old ) !!
We use half sponge half scourer, it's just as easy and you can get 1o of them for about 5o pence !
The five year old topic was resurrected by a spammer, now deleted and banned. :)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Unbelievable !! how old was the thread as I looked back and I was not in any of the replies and I've been on for about five years ! I did wonder when I seen the prices in dollars . :angry:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I really dont understand you guys. ;)

The sun is shining, the car is fuelled, caravan packed, beach shorts cooly crumpled and thrown in a drawer, we are about to temporarily escape the domestic drudgery and all you can think of is the washing up. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Put a liner on the cadac, simply rinse under the tap. Let the dog lick the plates clean and grab the corkscrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This thread was reactivated by a spammer which I reported early this AM., I'm glad to see the post was taken down, but there must be some residue somewhere becasue my anti virus on a separate PC is now reporting a threat has been detected, and it lists the web site the post linked to.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
This thread was reactivated by a spammer which I reported early this AM., I'm glad to see the post was taken down, but there must be some residue somewhere becasue my anti virus on a separate PC is now reporting a threat has been detected, and it lists the web site the post linked to.
I saw the post myself at 7:30 this morning and immediately banned the spammer from the website, deleted their avatar, signature and every post that they ever made (1) via my set of click boxes.
I've gone back to the deleted post (which is visible to moderators and admin) and I've removed the url that the post contained.
I suggest that you carry out a quick anti-virus scan to be on the safe side, especially if you clicked on the link.
My own anti-virus programme (Kaspersky Total Protection) sometimes issues warnings to inform me that the SSL certificate for this website is out of date, but I have no current warnings at all.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So its official, washing up flags up as an unsafe activity. Ill have to inform the long haired general. Im not catching a virus from washing up.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
So its official, washing up flags up as an unsafe activity. Ill have to inform the long haired general. Im not cathing a virus from washing up.

Avoid it like the plague :lol:

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Potential Virus
Curious. I read the post this morning before Parksy deleted it. I most definitely did not click on any links. That was on an Android tablet.

On my laptop (Windows7) later today, after accessing the forum, I had a warning from AVG about a potential virus (it involved smileys, but I won't post the actual link). AVG said it had blocked it.

This evening after browsing the forum for quite some time, I revisited the suspect thread (with original spam now deleted). Lo and behold, AVG pops up with the same warning as last time.

May well be unrelated, but thought it worth reporting.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have read the link this morning and nothing popped up on my phone I even replied to the spam message before realising it was rubbish but since then I have cleared my system and done the virus checker and all is clear !! :angry:

TRENDING THREADS