Washing lines

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What is considered good practice .............. hang your washing on a line at the back of the van out of site (as siegfried does) or have a rotary on the front of the van so that everyone can see what is drying? Is there a rule by CC?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
a lot of sites have rules now on clothes lines,one or two we've been to lately ban washing lies strung across from caravan or existing structures

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we had to hang washing all around the van, windows and handles on our last trip becuase the kids got so wet playing in a sand and water feature for the children. I have to admit this did not look good but was necessary to dry the clothes (we have no awning). We have just bought some washing line for the bext visit and was intending on discreetly hanging it from a tree or something to the van. The problem is, it is a necessaty, especially with young children who get through lots of clothes when they are having fun.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
now you should all know by now that I have awfully nice knickers but I like to keep them in the van or awning out of sight!!!would not like to spend my hols looking at someone elses undies!!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
now you should all know by now that I have awfully nice knickers but I like to keep them in the van or awning out of sight!!!would not like to spend my hols looking at someone elses undies!!!!
oooh you are awful but I like you !!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a couple of fold out airers that hook over the window frame. You can relock the windows on the vent setting with them in place. We usually have one hanging from the front window on the awning side during the day as it can get pretty warm in there, and it doesn't matter if it rains. Plus of course no one can see it.

We also hang one from the rear window if it's a really nice day. Again, no one can see it if you have a hedge at the rear of the pitch.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
we had to hang washing all around the van, windows and handles on our last trip becuase the kids got so wet playing in a sand and water feature for the children. I have to admit this did not look good but was necessary to dry the clothes (we have no awning). We have just bought some washing line for the bext visit and was intending on discreetly hanging it from a tree or something to the van. The problem is, it is a necessaty, especially with young children who get through lots of clothes when they are having fun.
There are other ways of drying clothing! Go down to you local caravan shop and you can find an airer which can be placed anywhere on your pitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts