Washing your Caravan

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
What does everyone do if:

1. You cannot take you caravan home due to access / space constraints

2. Your caravan storage site does not allow you to wash your caravan

Is it acceptable to wash it on site or will people complain?

Regards

Andy

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Wash it on site using a bucket. As long as you don't go overboard, no problem. Occasionally we take ours to the local jet wash but you need to be careful that you switch to low pressure when doing around seals i.e. windows, doors etc. Great for cleaning under the mudguards.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We have washed our caravan and car on site, specially in France with all the dust! Have not done it on large sites as we usually stay on cl's or smaller sites.

Never had a problem so far.

Good luck

Lesley

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Andy,

I have similar problem. Most sites I have found have no objection to a quick wipe round> i do it most trips. Problem Ive found is we have a build up of green stuff around the roof lights. I really need step ladder and all the facilities so will try to get it home mid week in the summer and try not to block the road. I have found some sites have full washing facilities, I don't know if advertising is wrong on here but Monkey tree site in Cornwall had top notch facilities. Be interesting if anyone knows of similar sitesmaybe of help to us all.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have tried miracle dry wash. Seems effective, but probably not the cheapesr way to solve the problem. Given the(lack of) employment situation and the boom in caravanning, now may be the time for an enterprising soul to set up a caravan wash (Like the hand car washes that are mushrooming). Find the right easy access spot and no pressure hoses and we'd be there with our van

mel

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy, The majority of sites at least allow you to wash your van, but not your towcar as they reckon you can take that to the nearest carwash

G

Hand car wash for us too they did a great job on our van when we took it out of winter storage, cost

G

Mrs F reminded me I did wash the van in Marsellian Plage last summer using the shower attachment as far as it could reach,and a bucket and sponge, no one seemed to mind. I seem to remember a site a few years ago where people were using a long freshwater fill hose on site which was frowned upon !

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andy, on the Credit Crunch challenge we only used thirteen ltrs of water in the washing and the rinsing off, many of the CC sites already have dedicated washing areas for members use. The Caravan Club site at Amberly Fields is no exception givings a good dedecated area for this very purpose. Regards J.R

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi our caravan storage as a caravan wash place with big platform steps so you can push them to the caravan its brill cost about 2 or 3 quid

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
We can keep our van at home so don't have these types of issues, which makes me realise our lucky we are.

In this months CC mag there was a feature which contained some good hints on cleaning a 'van and on following those I was amazed at our much black grime came off ours and it had only been washed a few weeks earlier!

We were staying on a CL last weekend and a guy there washed and wiped his van down every morning. He even cleaned the spare wheel on the Monday! On the saturday he washed the car, on Sunday he vaccumed the car. No one minded - just gave us something to talk about....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts