Waste disposal.

Jez

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.
We have only been caravaning since May,and in this short time we have stayed at one club site and four CL sites and I'm amazed at how many people at the CL are using the hedges to empty their grey waste. Is this common practise? Am I the odd one for actually tipping mine down the drain? What dose worry me about this practise is that over time vermin will start to find this as a regular food source and the nice little CL sites will become rat infested holes.

What your thoughts?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I just ask when I arrive where they want the grey water - generally they want it down the drain if they're on mains drainage and along the hedge otherwise.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We always tip the grey waste down the appropriate drain, although on a couple of occassions when it has been very dry, we have been asked to spread it on the ground which we did. Our grey waste is mainly water used to wash us or the dishes and a bit of excess tea poured from the tea pot so I doubt it does any harm on the ground.

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I usually use the appropriate drain, but three times this season I've ben asked to tip into the hedge - each time on CLs that only had septic tanks for drainage. After the first one, I now have a grey waste hose long enough to go direct to the hedge, cutting out the wastemaster altogether.

I'd only tip somewhere other than a drain if the site owner asked me to, or at least said it was all right.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
On our CL we ask our customers to pipe it or tip it on our fruit trees and have got loads of fruit this year so there must be good fertiliser in the waste water. Vermin would sooner eat grain or seeds from the fields.

David

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I would agree with David that there are richer pickings elsewhere for vermin than amongst the grey waste. Like many other postings here I always ask where I should tip the waste water; many site owners actually ask people to tip it at tree or hedge roots, especially during a period of dry weather. I don't see any harm in the practice, as long as people aren't putting things down the sink that should be disposed of elsewhere! (Meat fat, for example)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts