Waste Hose Connector

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi,can anyone tell me where i can buy a connector to allow the two waste pipes to go into one hose.

Ive tried all the usual shops but no joy

Thanks Trev

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We were struggling to find a 'Y' connector of the right callibre at B&Q Wicks etc. We then went to a little camping shop within our local garden centre and whilst they couldnt help, they sent us to the Aquatics dept and there were lots of them in various sizes. OK its a 'T' rather than a 'Y' but it does the job. Cost about 50p

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Trev

I use 32mm polypipe sink waste fittings, one t peice wp21, wp23 bend, & a wp15 bend, two 6in & 1 12in peices of pipe, wp23 pushes into the tee, 2x 6in into the van fitting tee & bend pushes on these 12in pipe into tee wp15 bendon pipe into waste container, nice & solid can also be extented if on sites with drains for each pitch, with 32mm pipe & sockets wp26 to any length I keep 3x1 mt long peices with sockets in van locker

mick k

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought ours from our local dealers, its a moulded y piece where you just slide on two pieces of flexible pipe to connect to your twin outlets

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Be careful about connecting the shower tray outlet to a t junction as i did once and found the kitchen waste backing up into the tray. Always keep the shower tray outlet seperate.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Trev

I use 32mm polypipe sink waste fittings, one t peice wp21, wp23 bend, & a wp15 bend, two 6in & 1 12in peices of pipe, wp23 pushes into the tee, 2x 6in into the van fitting tee & bend pushes on these 12in pipe into tee wp15 bendon pipe into waste container, nice & solid can also be extented if on sites with drains for each pitch, with 32mm pipe & sockets wp26 to any length I keep 3x1 mt long peices with sockets in van locker

mick k
Sounds totally double dutch to me .

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
Quote by DenisD - Be careful about connecting the shower tray outlet to a t junction as i did once and found the kitchen waste backing up into the tray. Always keep the shower tray outlet seperate.

That's what we discovered when we first got our caravan and fitted a Y piece. Since we don't use the shower, we only use the one hose now.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Trev

I bought a 'Y' piece for about three quid from one of my local dealers. Works a treat.

As for the kitchen waste backing up - never had any problems myself. Can't see how it can, really, if the wastemaster's not full, you're not draining kitchen sink AND using the shower at the same time and more importantly - that the waste pipes are pointing DOWN into the wastemaster. I've seen no end of them that are yards long and have all manner of ups and downs in them. Let gravity take the water away!

Buy one. Sorted.

I think it's also worth getting an in-line connector so you can lengthen your pipe (oo-er) for that one time when the all-service pitch waste is just TOO far.

Mac

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
Backup feed into the shower tray occurs when the pipe into the wastemaster is lower than the waste water level.

This can be for a number of reasons including...

The wastemaster is full and needs emptying.

The outlet pipe is too long into the wastemaster. (Below the water level)

However, in our case, the outlets are at the rear of the caravan and in the case of a sloping pitch in which the rear of the caravan is closest to the ground, this presents further problems.

Since we don't use the shower in our van, we use just the one hose. Problem solved.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
So, as I said - make sure all pipes are always pointing DOWN - that way the waste is always going to drain away. Any upturns in the pipe (or as Legs puts it, that the waste is lower than the wastemaster) will cause you problems.

I think one answer to this is to make sure that you cut the correct length of pipe.

Personally, I have a 'normal' waste pipe and a couple of longer lengths that I can use (or cut to size, should I need them).

Like I said - I have no problems with anything backing up and I use the 'Y' connector.

Mac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I always have my drain pipe two into one via adaptor positioned just above the connection at the shallow end of my wastemaster, (like you do at home with your waste pipes from your house above the drain,) never ever had any problems with syphoning back.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
I always have my drain pipe two into one via adaptor positioned just above the connection at the shallow end of my wastemaster, (like you do at home with your waste pipes from your house above the drain,) never ever had any problems with syphoning back.
my caravan has three waste water outlets shower, washbasin and kitchen sink i intend to join all together am a retired plumber so no problem will use a non return valve to stop backflow into showertray my question is where best to locate final exit to make use of a super pitch never used this type of pitch before and never taken any notice of the layout thanks harry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts