Waste water pipe.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
What length of waste water pipe should I get for a fully serviced pitch, both outlets are on the rear of the van nearside (ish). I already have "Y" connecter.?

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
It does depend on which side of the caravan the drain is and how close you park the van

I have a 15 foot pipe but I have never been 15 foot away from the drain although it was a close call at one site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a selection of lengths of white rigid plastic pipe and connectors and can then make up length to suit the serviced pitch when we arrive,we find the rigid pipe drains better than the grey plastic waste pipe with ridges in it.

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If you get a piece the same length as your caravn it should cover all eventualities...it'll be too long a lot of the time, but the day will come when you're glad of the extra! If you get a couple of jointing connectors, you can cut your long length of pipe to exactly the right length when you get on site, then rejoin it when you leave so you've got a long piece again in case you need it next time.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have just set up the van at a fully serviced pitch and my waste outlet was almost over the drain so a 3 foot length of tube would have been sufficient but as I said earlier I use a 15 foot tube which although too long I just trailed it on the ground.

Looking at other vans on the site most seem to have pipes 10 to 15 feet long

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I concur, cant see you using more than 15 foot. If the drain is on the wrong side, put you van in nose first (we do this at Dornafield) as its better than trailing the waste either round or through the awning.

To fix the thing down, we use a handful of mushroom pegs with some pegging rubbers.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
As wash, wax and polishing came to a sudden halt I nipped down to the local dealer and got a 6 meter length @ £2.50 per meter minus the discount on offer until England get kicked out the world cup. Thank you all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts