Water Damaged Floor

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a Hobby 750 Motohome and found water leaking by the shower unit and obviously for some time. This has totally destroyed the floor around the wheel arch allowing me to easily push a screw driver straight through the floor. I have searched across the net and can find no info on replacing floor panels. Has anyone tried or completed this task? It seems to me that I should be able to get under the van and cut out a piece rather than taking out all of the internal fittings.

I am in a position to take the Hobby back but otherwise am very pleased with it, so would be happier to repair it if possible.

Regards, Chris

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
hiyaa chris/what size area is damaged?is the whole area soaking and breaking up?and delaminated or just one small area along the wheel arch?finally can you get in to see the cross members of the floor frame

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, I would agree with Michael, take it back!!!.

All caravans and motorhome conversions are built from the floor upwards, and the integrity of the floor is of paramount importance.

It will not be a simple cut and replace a bit!!

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks for you comments. The Hobby 750 has a raised section at the rear for the vanity unit. The shower is just behind this. The damaged section which appears to cover an area approx 3ft x 3ft is under the raised section and does not appear to affect the integrity of the floor. I have looked intently under the vehicle and am reasonably confident that the solution is to put a shaped piece of 316 Stainless Steel on either side of the damaged, now very dry section, binding together with bolts and spacers. No water will ever get through it again! The leak is/was as mentioned above, in the shower area, where the water was going down the wall and between the wall and the shower.

This weekend I will be putting the vehicle on axle stands and removing the waste/gray water tank. I will also take out the shower tray. This will give me all the information I need to make my final decision as to how bad the damage is. I will keep you informed and please keep the suggestions coming.

Regards

Chris

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi All,

Good news I dropped the waste tank this morning and there is absolutely no further damage. This means it is a simple job!

I intend to take photos of the job as I am doing it, that way anyone who is interested can see the work as it progresses.

Best regards

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts