water filter

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
i forgot to take out the water filter for winter, now it wont budge, well and truly stuck, what is the best way to make it loose enough to turn, thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I presume it is the cylinder type that goes into the side of the van? I found that if I used a pair of water pump pliers or similar but spread the load by clamping the jaws down onto 2 two pence pieces, i.e. make a sandwitch of the part of the filter housing you twist with the coins, the filter could be unscrewed.

Try not to wrench it or the plastis can break, better to use a constant force and wait for the seal to release.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
I presume it is the cylinder type that goes into the side of the van? I found that if I used a pair of water pump pliers or similar but spread the load by clamping the jaws down onto 2 two pence pieces, i.e. make a sandwitch of the part of the filter housing you twist with the coins, the filter could be unscrewed.

Try not to wrench it or the plastis can break, better to use a constant force and wait for the seal to release.
thanks lol for you advice, it worked

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts