Water flooding out of external Truma Ultraflow pump socket when putting on tap

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
I was trying to force the pump into the external fitting - always a tight fit/struggle - when I heard a disconcerting snap. I thought it was the metal prong but they are intact. The black washer - the seal? is now not there. The pump now actually fits rather better - ie more flush to the van , but water is flooding out on turning on taps. Shops shut for Christmas, Amazon not delivering any time soon. Any thoughts as to how I might bodge this so we can use the taps for a week or so?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Not quite sure what you are describing - 'water flooding out on turning the taps on'?
Do you mean that when you turn a tap on water comes shooting out around the water inlet? If so and you have an external pump it is not surprising as the pump is designed to pressurise the system. If you have lost the rubber ring inside the water connector that is the problem. You might be able to get a selection bag of different sized O-rings from such as Halfords or a d.i.y. shed and then find one that fits.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tool station or Screwfix do boxes of assorted O rings but you are going to be stuck now until Boxing Day when outlets will be open. Could try the site manager sometimes they hold a few come in handy spares. I always keep some O rings and fuses and other bits in the van’s come in handy box. The water supply O ring should periodically be lubricated with suitable grease or silicon lub. I use Black Swan plumbers grease for O rings. There are two types.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
OP, what type\brand of connector are you trying to connect, e.g. is it a Whale or Truma fitting for example, a picture would be great.

If it is a Whale fitting then it has 2 O-rings, if so then take O-rings off of any standard quick tap connectors such as the Hozelock type and fit them onto the 2 recesses on the connector receiver (caravan side), bit fiddly, so take care not to damage the O-rings on fitting them,

Olive oil, silicone grease or Red Rubber grease will make fitting and removal much easier for future ease of fitting\removal.

Last edited:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OP, what type\brand of connector are you trying to connect

The OP states quite clearly it is the Truma Ultraflow.

The pistol attachment is not the most robust of items and if you heard a snap then in all probablilty you have snapped the end off the fitting,which is still probably in the inlet housing, and there is no way of sorting that out other than a new pistol attachment.

Whilst some can be a tight fit, due to the sealing O rings, undue force should not be needed, just use a silicone grease or similar to lubricate the O rings.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts