WATER HEATER PROBLEM

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I have an ultrastore water heater which has been trouble free for nine years but on my first trip this year after priming the system I found that after about an hour there was no hot water and the taps had to be bled again.

After this the water came through hot but then quickly went cold again.

This happens every time the heater is used and air has to be bled again and mostly the water is barely warm .

Can anyone help

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
9 years old should perhaps make it a Carver Cascade?

If so them the prime suspect is a faulty non-return valve which is part of the cold water inlet fitting to the heater

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
9 years old should perhaps make it a Carver Cascade?

If so them the prime suspect is a faulty non-return valve which is part of the cold water inlet fitting to the heater
it is an ultrastore for certain.

only the hot tap needs bleeding, the cold works perfectly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes some manufactures change over to Truma in 2000 others left it until 01.

Not my subject now so it's only a suggestion and this is the air bleed valve should one be fitted?

This is a plastic fitting directly after the hot water outlet, it has a thin clear plastic pipe leading out through the floor and is designed to allow air in to assist draining.

Problems occur if the valve is not upright and/or it's sticking open for another reason, this allows hot water to escape outside so little gets to the taps apart from air!

A quick way to eliminate/prove it as the cause, is to clamp the clear pipe with Mole-grips or the like

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks GARY

bought a new bleed valve today and hope this works.
same problem here with abbey freestyle, on checking the handbook it states that you have to leave for 70mins after not using for a while, which i found strange, since had no probs last year, then found out that our charger was faulty maybe coincidence

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts