Water heater

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Raging idiot? Daft ape? Brainless twit? Yes these are words I would use to describe myself. Why, I hear you all ask (except those that know me)? Well it all started one windy rainy evening, while trying to set up the caravan on an unfamiliar site. I try and get everything in the correct order, from reversing to winding down the steadies to making the first cuppa, but this night, due (I would like to think) to the wild weather outside I got it wrong! Hook up connected, fill front inboard tank, connect up water to aqua role, switch on space heater and water heater, better turn on the gas too, little time to get that water hot.... Anyone spot the mistake? No, nor did I until I turned on the hot water tap and heard the water pump gurgle into life and fill up the water heater! So not only had I turned on the mains heater without water inside, I had switched on the gas too, hey and guess what, no hot water. After rubbing the tears away before blindness set in, I turned it all off and read the instructions. Apparently, if I switch off the mains and trip switch it resets the heater and everything should be fine, only it didn't. Still works on gas but won't work on electricity. Have I missed something or have I got a bill coming to me? The caravan is only 6 months old; tell me I haven't broken it already.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
electric heater element has blown. needs a replacement. what has happend is the element has cooked its self cause the heat generated has heated the element and not the water.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I had the same problem. Before replacing everything try filling the container with water and then switching it on. Second time lucky!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A heating element should not be that much, sorry, its for a caravan isn't it. But still, you could have kicked the van and left a very big dent which would have been even more costly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
same thing happened to me lol - you are not alone! small reset button on end of water heater (see instructions) press and hey presto!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Ultrastore water heater does not have a reset button where as the old Carver Cascade water heater did. As your caravan is only 6 months old it isn't going to be Cascade unit fitted. The PCB mentioned by Neil is for the gas operation only so changing the fuse on the board will do nothing for your element. You may be lucky and the element may reset itself when cooled if not you will need to get the element changed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts