Water heats up straight away ??

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
I have a Ace Capri 2007 motorhome fitted with a Truma ultrastore water heater. My question is, i turn on the water heater electric switch in the wardrobe, the heater heats up the water immediately without me turning on the water heater on the control panel. According to the manual, the water should only start heating when you turn on the water heater on the control panel.
If you could help me why this may be happening

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Petulia. Welcome to the forum . Someone technical will give you a better answer, but have you tried putting the water heater switch to the On position , and see if the heater switches off. Just in case the switch has been wired the wrong way. Someone may politely tell me that this is a stupid idea and doesn’t make electronic sense: however it is the first thing that I would try. 😀 Good luck.
Mel

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi Mel, thanks for info, no the water heater electric only turns on when the switch is in the on position, my concern is, Truma manual says the water should only heat when the water heater switch is in the ON position and when the water heater is switched on with green light showing on the control panel, my water is heating up as soon as i just turn on the water heater electric switch to On position, without turning on the water heater switch on the panel, not sure why it heats the water on, only when water heater switch electric is switched on, thanks

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum. I would think that the switch would heat water on mains hook up and the panel would heat the water on gas. Hope this helps

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for info, yes i agree with you, what has made me aware is recently we have been getting the motorhome ready for trips away, Trume manual says that to get hot water, turn on electric switch (our is in the wardrobe) and then turn on switch on control panel with green light on, according to them this is the only way to heat the water on electric hook-up, so in the past this is what we had done and never realised the water was heating on it's own with just the water heater electric switch on.

As i said recently we hooked up the motorhome to our house 240 v hook up, we turned on the electric switch to test the water heater, then realised shortly afterwards the water was coming through the taps hot, but we had not turned on the water heater on the control panel.

Our concern is that Truma seems to contradict itself, if you only need electric switch to be turned on when hooked up, or turn on water heater switch with green light on control panel when on gas, unsure why they had not put this in their manual, this is why we became concerned when the water started heating with just the water heater electric switched on.

We had thought this is a problem which may have just appeared, and had hoped to find out if we have a genuine problem or it is just a characteristic with this setup, Thanks for your advice and hopefully you are correct and we will have nothing to worry about. Again thanks

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for info, yes i agree with you, what has made me aware is recently we have been getting the motorhome ready for trips away, Trume manual says that to get hot water, turn on electric switch (our is in the wardrobe) and then turn on switch on control panel with green light on, according to them this is the only way to heat the water on electric hook-up, so in the past this is what we had done and never realised the water was heating on it's own with just the water heater electric switch on.

As i said recently we hooked up the motorhome to our house 240 v hook up, we turned on the electric switch to test the water heater, then realised shortly afterwards the water was coming through the taps hot, but we had not turned on the water heater on the control panel.

Our concern is that Truma seems to contradict itself, if you only need electric switch to be turned on when hooked up, or turn on water heater switch with green light on control panel when on gas, unsure why they had not put this in their manual, this is why we became concerned when the water started heating with just the water heater electric switched on.

We had thought this is a problem which may have just appeared, and had hoped to find out if we have a genuine problem or it is just a characteristic with this setup, Thanks for your advice and hopefully you are correct and we will have nothing to worry about. Again thanks
Please be aware if the switch is on without water and on EHU it could damage the water heater

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
yes, thanks, plenty of water in the tank, this is why when i turned the taps on, realised the water was coming through hot, without the switched turned on, on the control panel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts