Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why do you want to buy bottled water???? the water in France and Spain is just as good as here in the UK, and is free.

Are you sure about this? I have always been advised, especially in Spain NEVER to drink the water, as it can give you an upset stomach if you are not use to it and I have two young children.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can only say what we have done, and we have been to France and Spain on numerous trips, both with the children when they were young, when they were in their teens and on our own, always used the ordinary tap water and never experienced any problems.The only people who seemed to suffer stomach problems were those who drank more alchohol than usual, and different brands than the ones they were used to, and the fact that continental measures are a lot more than UK ones.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
no need whatsoever to buy bottled water there. we never have, always drunk the tap water and never had a problem.if you must drink from a bottle , buy it in France.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We when to France two yaer age we used bottled water. we just for we were doing as a lot of other people do. If i go agan i will still use bottled water. I would notlike to be ill on holiyday good look

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you feel uncertain about the tap water in any place then you can choose to use bottled water, or of course you can boil the tap water.

If you choose to use bottled water, then to avoid having to store and carry with you in large quantities with its implications on pay-load and caravan stability, buy it locally to where you are staying. - The cost on the continent is probably going to be better than here in the UK.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Taps with water you can't drink are clearly marked "eau non potable", otherwise it's as good as here (or better, since it doesn't seem to stink of chlorine0. Bottled is good when travelling, though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We don't buy bottled water for tea, coffee or Scotch as its boiled or the alcohol kills the bugs.

We do take flavoured water as HRH does not like alcoholic drinks (which means more for me !!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have travelled all over western europe and the UK for years and never bought bottled water. We do use a filter jug, at home and abroad. I find the water is better abroad than in this country!!

TRENDING THREADS