Water ingress in a Lunar Stellar 400

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
I own a 2001 Lunar Stellar 400 and have just been informed it is going to cost about a thousand pounds to repair the damp caused by leaking window seals. Has anyone else experienced what I can only describe as the apalling build quality of this model?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
sorry to hear of your problems , unfortunately this seems to be the norm with UK built vans at the moment.Heard horror stories and seen some 1st hand from Swift & Bailey in particular,even top of the range

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
sorry to hear of your problems , unfortunately this seems to be the norm with UK built vans at the moment.Heard horror stories and seen some 1st hand from Swift & Bailey in particular,even top of the range

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ron, sorry that you are another unhappy Lunar owner, I have had trouble with a clubman. luck it is still under warantee, just had shower walls replaced informed it cost Lunar

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Jon, and here's me thinking only Lunars are 'crap'. What really rankles however is the total disinterest shown by most of these manufacturers once they've sold their products.

I was told by the repair man, that the problem is caused by the recent 'boom' in caravanning. Apparently, the manufacturers are throwing their vans together as fast as they can in some kind of feeding frenzy to make as much money as possible. Not a good sign for the future of British caravanning. (Quite a passable Victor Meldrew rant wasn't it?)
boom and BUST springs to mind !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts