Water ingress side window on pageant series 5

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, can anybody help regarding sudden water ingress to side window towards front of van.
Pageant Series 5 Vendee. Caravan has been stored in dry shelter for last 6 months. Hoping its a d.i.y. jobby rather than "open heart surgery!"
Thanks Peter J.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Peter,
Is the water getting past the rubber seal. If that is the problem, I would firstly adjust the'tightness of the window onto the rubber. This is achieved by turning the anchor points that accept the swivell catch. Each one involves two Philips screws. And there will probably be a total of 4. If you look at these anchor pieces you can see that if you turn them around completely, the moulding is offset to a different thickness that will have the effect of closing the window more tightly. I think most vans seem to leave the manufacturers on the loosest setting, possibly to allow van users to take up the slack if/ when required

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There have been several instances of the hinge rail being at fault by becoming loose.
When you open the window look for movement of the hinge rail. It may need removing, cleaning and reseating correctly.

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Rodone and Damian. I will try these very good suggestions, it might be a while till I get round to doing them. Next hol is july.
Thanks again
PeterJBrown

TRENDING THREADS