Water Ingress

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To repair or not to repair that is the question.

the front end of our 11 year old caravan appears to be suffering from some heavy rot around windows etc . Pimples can be seen on the internal board surfaces. My understanding is that its not covered on CC insurance so it will have to be out of my own pocket if I choose to have it repaired. Not smelly - we use it too much. Just re-glued front window as its delaminated. its old an tired now I think

Do need top have it repaired ? Should I have it repaired ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neil_5041165 said:
To repair or not to repair that is the question.

the front end of our 11 year old caravan appears to be suffering from some heavy rot around windows etc . Pimples can be seen on the internal board surfaces. My understanding is that its not covered on CC insurance so it will have to be out of my own pocket if I choose to have it repaired. Not smelly - we use it too much. Just re-glued front window as its delaminated. its old an tired now I think

Do need top have it repaired ? Should I have it repaired ?

It rather depends on how much it will cost to repair, and how much you like this particular caravan, and is there any attraction in looking for another caravan.

I suspect you already know the answer and are just looking for confirmation.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that water ingress through a faulty seal is not covered by the insurance. At that age a repair might cost more than the caravan is worth so it depends on how much you like it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts