Water Porter replacement handle

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
I'm looking for a handle to suit the old Water Porter water carrier, I think these have been out of production for some time but I have 2 of them and they are in good condition with the exception of the one handle I have.

The Water Porter had a peg on the carrier so the handle has a hole that fits over it, not sure but I think the Aquaroll works the other way round (peg on handle with recess in the carrarier) so can't simply get one of to suit Aquaroll.

Any help or ideas for getting something to suit will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Graham

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Gra1 said:
The Water Porter had a peg on the carrier so the handle has a hole that fits over it, not sure but I think the Aquaroll works the other way round (peg on handle with recess in the carrarier) so can't simply get one of to suit Aquaroll.

Graham,
It looks like the handles have a plastic end caps which fit over the peg on the barrel. I'm not sure how you could fabricate your own, unless you made wooden replacements for the plastic parts... Personally I would look at purchasing a complete barrel & handle from eBay, then either keeping the barrel as a 2nd spare or re-selling minus the handle.

I recently purchased a 2nd AquaRoll (used) from eBay and there seems to be plenty of Water Porters for sale.

Paul.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
As long as you can bend some suitable pipe it should be easy to contrive some suitable 'ends' to fit the barrel. Depending on the diameter of the spigots, perhaps a plastic insert in the pipe ends; or plumbing fittings??

I agree if there is a cheap one on ebay near you with a decent handle that is easiest .....but things like that are usually 'collect only' , and it doesn't take much mileage to negate any savings.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
VicMallows said:
As long as you can bend some suitable pipe it should be easy to contrive some suitable 'ends' to fit the barrel. Depending on the diameter of the spigots, perhaps a plastic insert in the pipe ends; or plumbing fittings??

I agree if there is a cheap one on ebay near you with a decent handle that is easiest .....but things like that are usually 'collect only' , and it doesn't take much mileage to negate any savings.

You're right about the collection only eBay auctions... the AquaRoll I bought was a bit more expensive than similar listings, but was only 6 miles away, rather than a jaunt down the motorway & turned out to be almost new.

I had initially thought an AquaRoll handle could be drilled to accept the barrel... I then though about bending some pipe to shape, but as the real handle used a plastic "bearing", I thought just getting a 2nd hand one would be easier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts