Water pump operating constantly on and off

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
Good evening I wonder if anyone can help with a problem with a 2010 Coachman Amara 540/2 caravan we have just bought secondhand. We have just returned from our first weekend away in the caravan and it is great apart from one minor problem. The water pump comes on every 2 or 3 minutes for 10 seconds or so constantly. The van is fitted with a Truma pump and a separate Truma pressurisation unit (?). I have checked for leaks and it does not seem to be losing any water and the taps and shower all deliver plenty of hot and cold water and I wondered what the next step is in trying to fix the problem. I have tried the obvious things like bleeding all the air out of all three taps but it has not fixed it. One other thing I have noticed is that the cold water feed pipes near the water heater are getting quite hot which suggest a faulty non-return valve allowing water to track back. Pretty sure this is related but cannot be certain. I understand the pressurisation unit is adjustable - should I start by adjusting this. The van was serviced by an engineer by prior to purchase but by the previous owner and I don’t know if this was checked or not. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good evening I wonder if anyone can help with a problem with a 2010 Coachman Amara 540/2 caravan we have just bought secondhand. We have just returned from our first weekend away in the caravan and it is great apart from one minor problem. The water pump comes on every 2 or 3 minutes for 10 seconds or so constantly. The van is fitted with a Truma pump and a separate Truma pressurisation unit (?). I have checked for leaks and it does not seem to be losing any water and the taps and shower all deliver plenty of hot and cold water and I wondered what the next step is in trying to fix the problem. I have tried the obvious things like bleeding all the air out of all three taps but it has not fixed it. One other thing I have noticed is that the cold water feed pipes near the water heater are getting quite hot which suggest a faulty non-return valve allowing water to track back. Pretty sure this is related but cannot be certain. I understand the pressurisation unit is adjustable - should I start by adjusting this. The van was serviced by an engineer by prior to purchase but by the previous owner and I don’t know if this was checked or not. Any help would be very gratefully received.

I would try adjusting the water pressure controller as a first step if only to rule out the easy hits. But the nrv could be the cause.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree it may be the pressure control valve. This will be near the water inlet inside the caravan. It has a small, usually blue, knob that you turn to adjust the pressure. It is a bit trial and error getting it right.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts