Water pump problem

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to motorhome. I bought a 2011 Hobby Van Exclusive last year. After my last trip last year, I turn on all the taps and drained the water tank before store it for winter.
I am about to hit my first holiday in the next couple of days, so I check everything is ok. When I switch on the water pump from the control panel, I can hear the pump working and water come straight out from the waste pipe. There were no water from the kitchen and toilet taps but after 15 min, I can see water coming through but not in full flow. I then noticed there is leak on the strainer and the garage was flooded. The pump is Shurflo. Did any members here experimenting this before and know what the problem is? I couldn’t call anyone today as it’s Sunday and everywhere is closed. Just wanted to get an idea what’s gone wrong.

Thanks,
Lian

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lian, welcome.
If you hadn't already told us you drained the system carefully, I'd have suspected a burst pipe caused by freezing.
As it is, you probably need to trace where the pipes run, and check the various joints in case something has simply come loose.
Anyone else got any suggestions?

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi Lian
Did you get this sorted out? What was the result?
- I'm having a similar problem with my 2001 Autosleeper Harmony that I've just bought, except that it appears to be coming out of what looks to be an overflow pipe rather than what I've been told is the waste pipe.
Cheers
John A

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts