Water Pump

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I attach my water pump to the side of the van and turn on the tap the fuse blows. If I detache the pump and turn on the tap the fuse doesn@t blow. Can I assume that the problem is with the detachable part of the pump? Unfortunately I was not able to borrow a pump from someone else to try it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest that the pump has failed. The windings insulation may have broken down causing an internal short within the pump. The problem will be with the pump as any internal caravan problem would show all the time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sounds like its the pump to me. now may be worth considering to carry a spare pump cause if the same thing happens on hols and we all seem to have electricaly pumped water and no 'foot operated standy' could save a spoiled hol.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
having had a couple of pumps fail over time (one jammed and one leaked) I found it an insurance to carry a spare of each. Any short or jamming is likely to blow the fuse. Can you get into the base of it to see if it rotates freely (under the filter grid)?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
had a simular problem. try taking plastic end off the pump and turn thr impellor, it may just be stuck. or unscrew the end of the pump that goes in the van, inside check the connectors are not touching causing a short circut. this was my problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts