Water system

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I own an elldis Xplore 304 and the water heater function key on the unit above the door will not come on and is showing it’s off all the time with a red light showing next to the water heater function key, it may be back to the dealer but I am holiday in a week and just wondered if I can try anything else as it looks like no hot water for the holiday witch is not a problem really but just annoying

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You do not tell us the age of which model of water heater you have, so all I can offer is some general advice.

Read the instructions for the appliance, and the caravans control panel. There may be some protection devices that may have tripped that need to be manually reset.

Check the water heater is full of water, by turning on a hot tap. Keep the tap old until you get a steady flow of water. That ensures the heater is full.

For gas operation, (This usually require 12vdc power to be turned on to run their control circuitry)
Look for any gas isolating taps in the gas pipe work to the heater. Make sure the one for the heater is turned on, generally the gas is on when the isolators handle aligns with the pipe feeding the appliance.

Check that any external clip on transit covers on the appliance's external flue have been removed.

Try restarting the appliance in accordance with the appliance manufacturer's instructions. If the gas bottle has been changed or the system has been inactive for a number of days, you may need to try and restart the applince several times to bleed any air that might be in the gas supply pipe work.

For mains electrical water heating, there may be a mains isolating switch associated with the appliance that needs to be turned on again refering to the owners manuals should tell you about any safety trips that may need resetting.

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
It’s a 2018 van just had first service and I have done most of what you have suggested including pressing the button marked tap symbol and also the button marked plus symbol on the control panel and this should show me a fault code but it doesn’t and when I do everything seems normal for couple seconds and the the red fault light comes on, thanks for your info anyways,,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you using gas or electric. If electric I would check the fuse, if gas check that the valve is open but assuming you have had the heater working this looks unlikely.. The valve is probably in the base of the kitchen but may be elsewhere.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im with Ray on this one, if you have just had the first service, they may have turned off the isolation tap for the gas supply. Very often things get tuned off at service and they forget to turn them back on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the caravan has just been serviced then it might be worth contacting the service supplier to seek their advice about exactly what they have done which might have compromised its operation..

TRENDING THREADS