waterproofing a caravan cover

May 7, 2020
Visit site
I have just removed the cover from our caravan , i had this thought do you need to to re-proof a breathable cover or will waterproofing destroy the breathable fabric for future use ,next autumn, your thoughts or advice, thank you

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have just removed the cover from our caravan , i had this thought do you need to to re-proof a breathable cover or will waterproofing destroy the breathable fabric for future use ,next autumn, your thoughts or advice, thank you
I proof my awning, Goretex outdoor clothes and the fabrics still retain their breathable performance. I’ve also proofed tents too. The manufacturer normally provides guidance on what solutions to use.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I've used Nikwax Tent and Gear SolarWash and SolarProof to properly clean and re-waterproof my ProTec towing Jacket at the end of the 2019 season, which is made of the same stuff as their caravan cover.

However, I think you would need quite a few bottles to clean and reproof the whole cover as i used the majority of the 500ml spray bottles on what would equate to just the front panel.

May 7, 2020
Visit site
I proof my awning, Goretex outdoor clothes and the fabrics still retain their breathable performance. I’ve also proofed tents too. The manufacturer normally provides guidance on what solutions to use.

Thank you guys for your advice, i now have the make Which is CoverPro, and see what they recommend, Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts