Waters Edge Caravan Park, Nr Kendal

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
HI,

Anyone been to this site recently? - all reviews I can find are 2006 or older.

Interested to find out how the facilities compare to CC sites - particularly cleanliness.

Stayed at Low Park Wood for a few nights on the way north last year and although it was a nice site with the usual high standards the location is quite enclosed an not ideal for sitting out/playing with a 2 year old (assuming we get drier weather next summer!!!)

Thinking of stopping in the lakes for a week this time and would like to be centrally located for touring North/South Lakes and possibly parts of North Yorkshire. Hence looking for a good site near Kendal rather than the other CC sites in The Lakes.

, which I think is about 10-12 miles from Kendal.

Would be grateful for feedback on either site ot for any alternative suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Just noticed I have deleted part of my post in error.

The other site we are looking at is Meathop Fell near Grange-Over-Sands which I beleive is about 10 - 12 miles from Kendal.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
We visited Water's edge in Autumn 2005 in the low season.

The standard of facilities was very good. The toilets were clean and the showers were good.

Overall the standards were excellent, although the club house was closed in October. The pitches are sited fairly cose together. We thought it compared well against the club sites.

The only shortcoming we found was, that the site gets busy at a weekend as it's an easy drive from Lancashire. It used to be difficult to book a weekend slot.

This is a shame as the site is delightful and at the time of visiing could be highly recommended. I don't recall there being a great deal for kids to do, but the Crooklands hotel is only five minutes walk around the corner and Kendal is only about 10 minutes drive up the road.

I look forward to going back there one day ( but not at a weeekend !)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts