we went and for a moment we were mad

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
weather was great up till kirby steven,snowed heavily there.got past here and it cleared,just a few sporadic snow showers,sun was shining but cold.got to tebay and got onto m6,at this point it was clear weather and the sun was shining,we thought we had made the right descision to go to holgates THEN!!!!,1 MILE DOWN THE ROAD AND THE SNOW WAS BLIZZARDING OVER THE MOTORWAY.it was absoluteley horrendous.traffic was at a crawl,down to 1 lane in places and it took 2 hours to get 20 miles.it was really heavy snowfall and very worrying at the time.we eventually did make it to holgates,you were right about the approach roads,blimey theres no room for passing at all on most of the roads and if another caravan or large vehicle was to come the other way youve had it. how the hell did they get all those statics there?????.

the camp site is first class,the facilities are spot on nothing to complain about at all except the price.theres not a camp site in united kingdom worth £30+ a night for touring vans,don't care how good they are,that is there only downfall,saying that there must be some money about as the site is almost fully booked throughout the year.and there was quite a few there at the weekend to,so we weren't the only mad beggers there.it is well worth a visit but pricey.

ps the meals ther are really top class,best steak iv'e had for a helluva long time

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad you made it ok Klarky, bet you had a sence of achievment when you eventually sat down and got that first cup of tea brewing! 30p is good value for a pitch in winter months, I don't know what your complaining about; you did say 30 pence didn't you?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes it was a good feeling knowing we had made it there,it was whether we were going to make it back or not that started to kick in then,but it was worth it.the scenery and local surrounding were fab,even though it WAS 30 QUID A NIGHT LOL.NOT 30 PEE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes it was a good feeling knowing we had made it there,it was whether we were going to make it back or not that started to kick in then,but it was worth it.the scenery and local surrounding were fab,even though it WAS 30 QUID A NIGHT LOL.NOT 30 PEE
Fot 30 big ones a night I would expect them to collect the caravan for me Klarky! Jees, where did all that cheap holidaying go to, It's probably cheaper to have a second morgage!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A certain television (and I use the term loosly) personality is very often to be seen propping the bar up.
only thing i saw which made me think someone was exceptionally rich,was a great huge motor home,the ones where the sides push out with rams and it then looks like a house on wheels,cost when i saw it at earls court nearly 200 grand.

whos the celeb then graham???

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
only thing i saw which made me think someone was exceptionally rich,was a great huge motor home,the ones where the sides push out with rams and it then looks like a house on wheels,cost when i saw it at earls court nearly 200 grand.

Its the gut of Corrie who has the garage, he has a ststic their

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site

oops sorry Guy not gut

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts