Weather Europe

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Anyone know of a good site to get the weather for europe? We are the proud owners of a minibook and shall be taking it with us when we take our annual 30 day holiday so that we can follow the sun.

I have found http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe.asp

Any other suggestions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go to the uk met office site and then Europe. For each country you can thne get to the national met office for that country. I'm currently in Spain and use the Amet site which gives 5day local forecasts by Province or town - and the coverage is excellent. We have two reporting places each only about 7km. away so can get a good check. Shows state of the sky - sun, cloud rin etc. a probability %age for precipitation, altitude of snow line, wind speed and direction, UV levels.

There is a similar service on the French met site.

(Today and next 4 showing highs of around 20C and light winds)

The other thing to look at on the British met office site is the surface pressure chart which shows the whole of Europe and the NW Atlantic and gives a very good idea of what may be coming along.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There is one Mike - I'll try and find the link to it. We found it immensely helpful as we 'head for the sun' when we arrive in France.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
This is the French version http://www.lachainemeteo.com/index.php?langue=fr

and you can select up to a week ahead.

I'll try and find the others for the remainder of Europe.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Why did the BBC go over to this type of weather map? The brownish/grey areas look awful - why not just cover them with pictures of suns, or clouds, or rain, like it used to be. Much more pleasant to look out (like the sunshine this week, in fact)!

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies I've tried the French link, just what I was looking for, loads of suns allover, it would be nice if there was a similar one for Spain and Italy. The BBC one seems to be limited to a few towns in each country, unless I'm doing something wrong!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Re BBC site.......

Under search...select world

Type in country as a location

Choose Town .... there are 91 choices for Spain and 113 for France for example, each with a five day forcast for the local area

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts