Weather in the Cotswolds

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I've noticed a number of posts this past week from people planning a trip to the Cotswolds and worrying about the bad weather on the way. I live in the Cotswolds and just to let you know its chucking it down with sleety rain and the temperture has just dropped several degrees!! Wind has changed direction and is gusting up from the north. The forecast is for some snow especially on high ground, however when they forecast snow we usually don't get it. It's when they say it definately won't snow that I start to worry. So have decided not to move the sheep closer to home and leave them in the field on the sunny side of the hill, so any snow would melt quickly anyway. I've noticed over the years that the North Cotswolds seem to be more influenced by the weather going on in the east of the country. Hope this helps and enjoy the Cotswolds whatever the weather

From Mikes wife

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Well we had no problem at Moreton In Marsh on Friday or Saturday and enjoyed our stay. I take weather forecasts with a pinch of salt as generally they are inaccurate.

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

You might be interested to know its perishing cold and chucking it down with snow at the moment. That definately wasn't forecast for today!!

Mikes wife

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having grown up in Cirencester more than a few years ago i can imagine that the recent snowfall may render approaches to CC Cirencester park a bit tricky, particularly A417 from Birdlip direction.

The town itself used to be OK in all but the worst weather, but all the approach roads were dodgy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike and Wife.

What do you reckon the local weather will be like tomorrow - the 1st? Where are you putting the sheep for example - I suspect local knowledge might outrank the national forecasts. Many thanks

Mike E

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike E, Mikes wife here. Today its chucking it down, allegedly warmer ,but I don't think so!. All the snow has gone sob sob (it was very pretty, but murder to drive on as very icy underneath.) The traffic jams were incredible, glad we wern't in them. Sheep still in the same place but beginning to moan cos' nearly all the grass has gone. I don't really want to move them til the end of December if poss or else there won't be enough grass for them until it starts to grow again which is usually end of March early April here. There's only two of them, very friendly, enjoy chasing dogs and go by the name of Mango and Chutney.

Weather outlook is milder for the next few days which probably means rain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike & Wife

Just got back from Moreton. Oh boy did it chuck it down. On Friday went to the tree lighting bit at Bourton with grandson where they added a snow effects machine for good measure. Shops doing a roaring trade in brollies ! And poncho's ! ! Ice cream sales seemed slow though - wonder why.

Mike E

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike E

We tried elsewhere this weekend ......Leighton Buzzard. It rained there too. Journey there on Friday evening was nasty with very heavy rain. Glad to say we were staying with my brother in law not in the van. Meant to see Leightons Christmas weekend, but rain and a few jobs got the better of us (brother in law disabled so do what we can to help)

Mikes wife

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts