Weather in the south of France in April

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Due to the Olympics restricting my summer leave next year we're contemplating doing our annual French trip at Easter. Have a plan in mind to go down to the Mediterranean coast near to the Spanish border.. My missus has concern over the weather not being warm enough so early in the season - anyone with experience of that region in April?
Thanks
Carwyn

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Next year Easter Sunday is 8th April. If you look on this link - Historical Weather Records - you'll see that this year, in Perpignan the temperature was 32 degrees on the 8th April but other days the temperature was down to 16 degrees! In 2010 in April, the temperature on the 8th April was 13.7 degrees and in 2009 12.2 degrees!
I find that link a much better bet than asking for opinions - because you could get a response from someone who was there in 2011 - and it would be 'Well, when we were there it was scorching' or you could get a reply from someone there in both 2009 and 2010 - who said 'Don't bother mate, it will be cold'.
You might be better at the end of the Olympics - we've just come back from that area, and had three weeks (late August, early September) when temperatures were in the high twenties for much of the time and sometimes the high thirties!!! We usually holiday at that time, and follow the sun, buying a newspaper on arrival in France, and heading for the area with the best four day forecast. For the past four or five years this has been in the Languedoc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts