Weather

Page 9 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Beachball.
Arrived 1.30.
Its gorgeous here and so peaceful.
Sat outside now with a cuppa looking across the lake and watching the ducks.šŸ˜Š

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦šŸ’¦ā˜”ļøā˜”ļøā˜”ļøā˜”ļøā˜”ļøā˜”ļøCricklade all day!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Skin So Soft to keep the little beggars away. Fenistil to treat the bite if one gets through. Unfortunately, you can only get Fenistil over the counter on the coninent, or by Amazon Prime.

Midgies and Mozzies I can live with, but horseflies. Its antibiotics every time I get bitten. I always used to end up in the casualty at Truro because of them. And here is a little tip for you all. Any smaller issues whislt on holiday, dont sit for hours in casualty, head for the nearest NHS Drop in Centre, believe me, it saves hours.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Skin So Soft to keep the little beggars away. Fenistil to treat the bite if one gets through. Unfortunately, you can only get Fenistil over the counter on the coninent, or by Amazon Prime.

Midgies and Mozzies I can live with, but horseflies. Its antibiotics every time I get bitten. I always used to end up in the casualty at Truro because of them. And here is a little tip for you all. Any smaller issues whislt on holiday, dont sit for hours in casualty, head for the nearest NHS Drop in Centre, believe me, it saves hours.
Thingy i am in agreement do not like horseflies i put on cream for protection :)

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Midgies out again this morning as the conditions were just right. They don't like it too cold or too hot and a slight breeze can stop them from swarming. Unfortunately I had to work in a shaded still area of the garden this morning so it meant wearing a Midge Hood which is uncomfortable to work in and limits visibility.

One problem we have is that we need caution when leaving windows open. On some occassions I've had to get the vacuum cleaner out to suck them off the ceilings and walls.

We've tried numerous types of repellant some are just downright nasty and I suspect highly inflammable but Smidge seems to be quiet good. Once bitten - and what does this tell you; only the female bites - we've found that will power is the best solution. Avoid scratching for a while then it just dissipates.

Horseflies or clegs as we call them are downright nasty and can result is some large swelling around the site which can last for several days.

Then there are the ticks, which given we are surrounded by sheep and deer, are fairly common on the moore land, crofts and forests. Tuck in socks and check appendages when you get back. Also get a tick remover but use carefully as you need to get it all out. Visit A&E if not sure how to do it yourself.

Visit Scotland at your own risk.

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Midgies out again this morning as the conditions were just right. They don't like it too cold or too hot and a slight breeze can stop them from swarming. Unfortunately I had to work in a shaded still area of the garden this morning so it meant wearing a Midge Hood which is uncomfortable to work in and limits visibility.

One problem we have is that we need caution when leaving windows open. On some occassions I've had to get the vacuum cleaner out to suck them off the ceilings and walls.

We've tried numerous types of repellant some are just downright nasty and I suspect highly inflammable but Smidge seems to be quiet good. Once bitten - and what does this tell you; only the female bites - we've found that will power is the best solution. Avoid scratching for a while then it just dissipates.

Horseflies or clegs as we call them are downright nasty and can result is some large swelling around the site which can last for several days.

Then there are the ticks, which given we are surrounded by sheep and deer, are fairly common on the moore land, crofts and forests. Tuck in socks and check appendages when you get back. Also get a tick remover but use carefully as you need to get it all out. Visit A&E if not sure how to do it yourself.

Visit Scotland at your own risk.
Come to Slovakia. Very few insects and Central Europe weather is mostly good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts