Weird electrics affecting Fridge and blown heating

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
Connected EHU and Thetford fridge wont work on mains or battery, works on gas ok, just sits there flashing and red light on power button.
Hot air blower also not working on mains gets hot just doesnt blow, really strange unplugged EHU on Monday morning and blower started blowing hot air!

any ideas as i dont know where to start fault finding?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bletch, welcome to the forum. I am technically useless and no help to you; but it might help the bods on here if you can let us know the make and model of your van, and of your heater system.
Good luck, hope someone can help.
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bletch1971 said:
Connected EHU and Thetford fridge wont work on mains or battery, works on gas ok, just sits there flashing and red light on power button.
Hot air blower also not working on mains gets hot just doesnt blow, really strange unplugged EHU on Monday morning and blower started blowing hot air!

any ideas as i dont know where to start fault finding?
Hello Bletch,

We sometimes get questions like yours where the person tells they are not technically minded. Bearing in mind you are having problems with an appliance that uses both mains electrics and gas, both of which can be leathal if mis handled it should only be tackled by someone who is certified to work on the model of applaince.

I suggest you contact a local mobile caravan engineer.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I connected our caravan up to the EHU on site for a night stop, I forgot to turn off water heater, combi boiler was empty, temperature cut off power. So nothing came through , checked evertything , it reset itself, and we had hot air after a few hours. Ref the fridge, check fuses etc, And double check not just by looking is the squiggley bit of the fuses, just a hope.

As an edit, on the fridge is there a fault code showing, on the electronic ones the show a code . ?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the Prof is right and you might be better off getting an expert to check it out.
I would check the fridge fuses though as a blown one would produce that problem. The lights work of batteries so will come on if the fuse is blown. The battery function works of the car when the engine is running and so unless you can check that power is coming through then it is not easy to be sure if it works. It is basically there to keep the fridge cool when traveling.
I cannot see why the air should suddenly blow when the electrics are unplugged.
I take it you do not have a handbook, you should be able to access this off the Swift website which has back issues available.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Bletch,
Fridge won't work on 12V dc unless caravan plugged into car and car ignition on (or car engine running).
Is the van plugged into the car when you are experiencing your problems ?.When on EHU unplug van from car and see if problem is still there.
Let us know how you get on.,
Otherwise get a professional in to fix your problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts