Weird formatting?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At times I write a paragraph and then go back and highlight something in bold. I find when is tart the next paragraph it automatically highlights that paragraph in bold although I turned off the bold when I had finished highlighting.
Another thing is that although the cursor is at the end of the post on occasions when adding the smiley, the smiley appears at the beginning of the post and not where the cursor is positioned.
Not sure if it is only happening with my PC or maybe it is common?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had some strange issues with the text editor.

There have been times when the dictionary has suggested a correction, and I've accepted it inserts it into the text but it adds extra characters at each end of the insertion, and then the backspace and delete keyboard buttons begin behaving strangely.

This behaviour is isolated to this forum.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have had some strange issues with the text editor.

There have been times when the dictionary has suggested a correction, and I've accepted it inserts it into the text but it adds extra characters at each end of the insertion, and then the backspace and delete keyboard buttons begin behaving strangely.

This behaviour is isolated to this forum.

On the iPad mine is similar. I tried changing the spell checker to Grammarly without improvement. No such problems with emails or on my PC.

Another annoying idiosyncrasy is, if I highlight text to make a hyperlink, a box appears over the hyperlink option which prevents the action.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On the iPad mine is similar. I tried changing the spell checker to Grammarly without improvement. No such problems with emails or on my PC.

Another annoying idiosyncrasy is, if I highlight text to make a hyperlink, a box appears over the hyperlink option which prevents the action.

John

I have had it where I post a hyperlink and then it hyperlinks the rest of the post?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts