Well there you go

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had until today a Hitching post on my drive, for security, Using it put the caravan in the same position on the drive , this was alright when I used my Melenco wheel clamp . Now I've got the AL-CO lozenger the wheel never lined up to enable me to fit it so I had to jack caravan up to fit it. To remove it I had to jack the van up again to remove it, Removeing the jack after fitting as the wheel took the weight of the van and it seemed to jam the lozenger in place unless I jacked the van up again.
Just spent the afternoon fitting a new post on my drive, now I can inch the van backwards or forwards to line the the wheel up to fit the clamp.
Drive security Post.jpg

Reactions: Dustydog and Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Well done, impressive looking. In your place would have ditched the Al-Co lozenge and used the Milenco and left the pole where it was, but then we are rubbish at DIY 😀
mel

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well done, impressive looking. In your place would have ditched the Al-Co lozenge and used the Milenco and left the pole where it was, but then we are rubbish at DIY 😀
mel
That crossed my mind, but the insurance company mentioned the lozenge by name. They knew it was supplied with the van.

Have not finished yet got to cut and fit the bricks to the right hand side of the post then when it dries should look ok

Had to dig down .850mm that was deep Could smell the kangaroos.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just wet Jet wash ready
Last. Evening, done our driveway. With some super Bleach stuff, animals not allowed on it for two days, it has killed off all the lichen stuff. Now to jet wash tomorrow. Thinking of Kettlby lakes, does it have a dog friendly club house. ?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ditto

View attachment 4559

I spotted this for sale locally a few weeks ago (brand new and very cheap)

Took a couple of hours to install thanks for the depth of the hole, hopefully another visible deterrent.
I would need two as the caravan Removers,. Would drag it over the front garden, but hopefully the van is getting too old and a bit to narrow now.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Finished cutting and setting bricks, dried out a bit now looking better. Security Post Two.jpg

The old hitch post was below the hitch, put the post 5 rows back.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dave. Next time you have to use the Jack , watch how the suspension causes the wheel to rotate about 5 degs. Turn the wheel so the lozenge holes don’t line up. Lower back on the ground and they should line up allowing easy fixing. A couple of practice runs will soon have you doing it spot on

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dave. Next time you have to use the Jack , watch how the suspension causes the wheel to rotate about 5 degs. Turn the wheel so the lozenge holes don’t line up. Lower back on the ground and they should line up allowing easy fixing. A couple of practice runs will soon have you doing it spot on
Re Dusty good advice I know it’s stating the obvious but do your front to back adjustments for allowing water to run off before setting the Alko.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been to eye kettleby lake’s several times and took the dog in the club house for lunch each time,it’s ok to take the dog in one end of the club house where we were eating, it’s obvious dogs are allowed at the eating area end as the are good clean water bowls for the canines, I’ve also been to a show but I can’t remember if we left our pooch at home with the kids, I wouldn’t want to take the dog when there’s a show as it’s quite noisy, got nothing but good things to say about eye kettleby

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re Dusty good advice I know it’s stating the obvious but do your front to back adjustments for allowing water to run off before setting the Alko.
I will be able to do that now. When I fitted the hitch post I set the van level, not good in rain. The obvious went way over my head.:sleep:;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts