Welltrough hall farm CL

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have booked this site it has great reviews plus the views are outstanding .
I have been told to pick any fully service pitch when you arrive
But with us having two dogs it says it got a 3km mown grass walk around the farm how close is this to you on site.
What the facilities like
it says there is two pubs close by which one has great access for a wheelchair user .
Thanks for any information on this subject

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB been there five times. One of my top 3 CLs.There are three parts to the site. The Five caravan CL, accessed through a five bar gate. The pitch nearest the gate is a 20 second stroll to the toilet.Behind that is a larger cabin with a shower and toilet. Even has a warm water dog wash. There are then some more pitches owned by the farmer plus another few pitch on the grass on the opposite side. Walk out of your caravan ,through the gate and you are on the massive dog walk which basically follows all the fields. You can walk through the fields to the Red Lion. I found the opening times were hit and miss. The best pub is about two miles ,The Swettenham Arms. Excellent food ,dog friendly and good beer.The views from the pitch are splendid.see below. All part of the farm and dog walk2625F161-ACF7-4E6E-86CE-EAD42AF54D0D.jpeg

Reactions: Beachball
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
The entrance to farm and site now has an electronic gate ....you will need the code which the owner provides.
The Red Lion is 1/2 a mile away and now has new owners so keeps normal opening times ...serves a reasonable menu.
The Swettenham Arms can be difficult to book for a meal sometimes as it is very popular.

We've been to the site several times and always enjoyed it....the last time 3 weeks ago.
The price has recently gone up to £25/night which we found plenty. We had come straight from a 4 star commercial site near Witney with fabulous facilities who charged us £24/night.

This time we visited Jodrell Bank radio telescope which is close by and has a very good visitor centre.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Looks a really lovely site, one I would like to visit.... But just did a distance check- a 550+ mile round trip when I think we'll only be doing short breaks this year means sadly we won't be seeing it in the foreseeable. (travel time and fuel costs.)
I'm sure you'll have a great time BB
Wayne.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB been there five times. One of my top 3 CLs.There are three parts to the site. The Five caravan CL, accessed through a five bar gate. The pitch nearest the gate is a 20 second stroll to the toilet.Behind that is a larger cabin with a shower and toilet. Even has a warm water dog wash. There are then some more pitches owned by the farmer plus another few pitch on the grass on the opposite side. Walk out of your caravan ,through the gate and you are on the massive dog walk which basically follows all the fields. You can walk through the fields to the Red Lion. I found the opening times were hit and miss. The best pub is about two miles ,The Swettenham Arms. Excellent food ,dog friendly and good beer.The views from the pitch are splendid.see below. All part of the farm and dog walkView attachment 3378
Hi Dusty it sounds fantastic thanks for all information just what i wanted about the dog walk and facilities .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The entrance to farm and site now has an electronic gate ....you will need the code which the owner provides.
The Red Lion is 1/2 a mile away and now has new owners so keeps normal opening times ...serves a reasonable menu.
The Swettenham Arms can be difficult to book for a meal sometimes as it is very popular.

We've been to the site several times and always enjoyed it....the last time 3 weeks ago.
The price has recently gone up to £25/night which we found plenty. We had come straight from a 4 star commercial site near Witney with fabulous facilities who charged us £24/night.

This time we visited Jodrell Bank radio telescope which is close by and has a very good visitor centre.
Hi Bill thanks for the information especially about the gate and code and pubs

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks a really lovely site, one I would like to visit.... But just did a distance check- a 550+ mile round trip when I think we'll only be doing short breaks this year means sadly we won't be seeing it in the foreseeable. (travel time and fuel costs.)
I'm sure you'll have a great time BB
Wayne.
Hi Wayne Hope that you have some good choices of sites in the area where you live.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty it sounds fantastic thanks for all information just what i wanted about the dog walk and facilities .
BB. You will love the setting. It is a working farm but the tractor never disturbed us. They also sell their own fresh meat. And there is a shed full of what’s going on

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts