Westfield Aries 350 Air Awning

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a new Aries 350 awning from a caravan dealer. This is an older model and was at a good price. The awning is well made and provides the space and features we need. The only problem we have is at the cushion seal at the caravan wall. It is difficult to achieve. The dealer advised not inflating fully until the awning is fully erected and pegged.
Has anyone had experience with Westfield awnings of this type - the current awning is called the Omega. Any advice would be welcome. Attached is a photo showing the seal at the door end of the awning.Awning top corner1.jpg

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It looks from your picture that you have a rear pole which pushed the cushion against the caravan. I have a similar arrangement albeit with a poled porch awning. What I do to improbve the seal is loop a rubber pegging band around the bottom of the pole and try to peg it as tight as I can below the caravan so that the band is pulling the pole in. It works surprisingly well.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
The problem is only at the roof of the awning - I peg the skirt close to the bottom of the caravan and get a good seal. Here's a photo taken last week of the seal at the roof - we're getting better at erecting the awning at the third attempt!Awning top corner7.jpg

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The suction type fittings as supplied by Kampa work to a point, but we found that in hot weather they became very brittle very quickly and even gently tightening them about a quarter of them disintigrated.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
My previous awning was a Kampa Rally pro and I used limpets. The awning was 10 years old so had to be replaced. The Westfield doesn't have the gusset for fixing limpets. I'm trying to find someone who owns a Westfield awning to compare notes.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate what you say re your Westfield, but I still maintain that pulling that pole closed would help the seal, though you obviously cannot do that at the top. But.....................

your awning looks very much like the Kampa offering and I do know that issue sometimes occurs with Kampas and for that reason Kampa intorduced awning packing pads, see

Kampa Air Awning Packing Pads 5060444792164 | eBay

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I think you were correct Thingy.
Description says they are to fill the gap at the end of the poles and the side of your caravan/motorhome and that they will not damage the paintwork.
I don't think they are for making the poles longer.👍
I also struggle to secure the gap between awning(top and bottom) with the poles on my Kampa.
I think 1 or 2 of these pads would be ideal.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts guys. The instruction manual tells me to put the sealing poles in last. Like I said, I've put the awning up 3 times and it gets better each time. Still takes over an hour to complete, though!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts guys. The instruction manual tells me to put the sealing poles in last. Like I said, I've put the awning up 3 times and it gets better each time. Still takes over an hour to complete, though!
I would follow your manual on this awning and with more practise ,and you should get quicker good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts