Wet & forget

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone or has anyone used wet and forget? I’ve just put a load on my roof (as directed obviously).

How long does it take to work? Is it any good?

Thanks in advance

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’d never heard of it either so just googled it and sounds like it’s definitely worth a shot on the roof, it would be good if we could get feedback when it’s had time to work on the roof.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I had a go with Wilkos own brand version of this last year. Used it in some patio slabs that were green and mossy in a damp and sheltered bit of my garden. Worked within a couple of weeks and stayed not green for 12 months. Only just starting to go a bit green now. The spray on the Container was rubbish though. Decanted it into a garden sprayer instead.
Mel

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
What is the activator for this product to work after it has been applied?

Is it rain ? oxygen? or what?

I suspect it is traffic film remover (with perhaps a little bit of bleach incorporated), :whistle:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Here’s their technical specification.
My only question is the possible adverse long term effect on the caravan sealants and plastic windows .

Clean Outside Surfaces and Remove Moss with Original Wet and Forget Cleaners
Wet & Forget has a unique combination of biodegradable selective surfactants for Moss, Mould, Lichen and Algae removal on any exterior surface. When diluted with water and applied, it immediately attacks these unsightly contaminants.
Each time it rains, this safe, cleansing combination reactivates to help flush away the Moss, Mould, Lichen and Algae without scouring the surface it has infested. Wet & Forget is a safe and effective way of removing these contaminants from ANY exterior surface. Once applied the wind and the rain will gently takes the decomposing material away bit by bit until the surface is clean.
Non caustic.
Non acidic.
No bleach.
No pressure washing.
No elbow grease.
5L concentrate makes 30L of product. No special equipment required just a good garden sprayer..
Easy to maintain, reapply at the first sign of recontamination.
UNLIMITED shelf life even when mixed with water.

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
At last something I am able to contribute to
Having used the product on my last van I found it works well making cleaning the roof a simple matter of a quick hose down and retreat when required. Dealer has always passed comment as to the cleanliness of the roof.
The salesman and one of the body shop engineers are now using Wet &Forget on their own vans
Regards
Michael

TRENDING THREADS