Wet Locker to Cool Box?

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
I have a Swift Charisma Special Caravan which has a wet locker which I never use! It is fitted with a 13 amp socket. AS the fridge in my van is not really that big, I'd love to covert the Wet Locker into a Mini Fridge where I could keep my wine cool!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Derek,

There are many cool boxes designed for use in cars. They tend to use a special semiconductor device known as a peliter chip as the cooler. Used with a plug in power 12V supply these will drop the inside temperatur by about 10 to 15 degrees, enough to chill but not freeze your wine, best of all you can take them with you on picknicks (plugges in to the car) or use them at home as well. Halfords seem to do a number of different sizes.

You can ususally throw a switch or turn the plug over to make them keep things warm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use an electric cool box for the beer and wine so it doen't take up room in the fridge of the van.

When we haven't got the awning up we put it in the front locker of the van and thread the cable through one of the front windows plug into the mains and cool beer all hols.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts